[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:21 am Yes, I moved your first post here, because I thought it had to be UBL&MF-related, and the alternative was to recommend you to post your finding here.
I tried to save everybody some time, I'm sorry if that wasn't transparent enough and caused some confusion :oops:
With all due respect, please can you be more careful about doing things like this in future. This report needed a lot more investigation before you could reasonably conclude that I needed to do something about it, especially since Baptor mentioned DREAM being involved. You can't just assume that Z-buffer fighting automatically => I must deal with it.

With that said:
pango wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:40 pm From the look of the doorframe it could be Castle Corroghar or Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard; I didn't manage to reproduce the issue yet though, the brickwall/teleporter surface stayed nicely behind the entrance surface.
This is pretty much what I found as well. Out of the list of places you gave, Castle Corroghar and Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard look the most similar to Baptor's screenshot. However, I tried running the game with both DREAM and UBLaMF installed, DREAM alone, UBLaMF alone, and neither installed. I was not able to make Z-buffer fighting happen in any of those cases. I don't really have the free time available to investigate this more, but I can think of a few things:

1. How sure are you that this is, in fact, a Vampire Haunt?
2. Could there be more than 1 exit in one of those dungeons, and Baptor spotted this at an exit that you don't get teleported to when you enter?
3. After that, all I can think of is a flaw in Baptor's methodology. Such as using an outdated version of one of our mods. Or perhaps it was one of the other mods he had installed that contributed to this issue. Or misidentifying this as being a dungeon in Daggerfall. Or misidentifying the quest that took him to this dungeon. Or something else.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Reconsile wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:04 am Not sure if this is something that your mod aims to fix? Located in Shedungent dungeon
Reconsile wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:16 am Castle Llugwych, Ykalon
Reconsile wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:30 pm Castle Llugwych, Ykalon
Reconsile wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 am Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard
Sorry for the late reply, but all of these issues have been fixed in my dev copy of my mod, and will be in the next release.

For that first report, that black line is a problem in the texture. Normally, texture fixes are outside the scope of this mod. However, it was easy enough to paint out the black line, so I've made an exception this time.

Finally, for your last report, you didn't mention that you had the Smaller Dungeons option enabled. Because of this, I was stuck for a while wondering why you saved your game at the dungeon's entrance instead of next to the problem.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:45 am I've seen a few blocks in Hammerfell show up with these plants hanging from absolutely nothing in the middle of nowhere; this is the first one I've remembered to screenshot but there are others. I'll report them as I find them.
I've just investigated this issue. I looked everywhere in Sacred Oracle of Dibella, and that floating plant isn't there. All I can conclude is that this is yet another example of you reporting bugs caused by other mods.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Hey, there appears to be a poorly placed loot-pile marker for dungeon block, "N0000024". It is going through the main-throne thing at the floor level behind it, or atleast it should be behind it, but instead it's put directly into the big throne thing, inaccessible.
Clipping Through Object Loot-pile Marker
Clipping Through Object Loot-pile Marker
Capture.PNG (1016.98 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
SAVE154.rar
Example Save, Just do "tcl" through the wall facing wall
(128.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Minor issue, but thanks.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Magicono43 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:00 am Hey, there appears to be a poorly placed loot-pile marker for dungeon block, "N0000024". It is going through the main-throne thing at the floor level behind it, or atleast it should be behind it, but instead it's put directly into the big throne thing, inaccessible.
Thanks for the report. I've fixed this problem, and it will be in the next release.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just wanted to give you a big thanks for keeping up with this mod. It's so important to have in DFU!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:10 pm Just wanted to give you a big thanks for keeping up with this mod. It's so important to have in DFU!
Yeah I agree with that sentiment as well :P

My first vanilla block report, but a pretty bad one considering completely inaccessible loot, oh the horror!

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Magicono43 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:40 pm
Jay_H wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:10 pm Just wanted to give you a big thanks for keeping up with this mod. It's so important to have in DFU!
Yeah I agree with that sentiment as well :P
Thank you very much, to both of you.
Magicono43 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:40 pm My first vanilla block report, but a pretty bad one considering completely inaccessible loot, oh the horror!
Well considering most of my fixes are cosmetic in nature, this is a step above that.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've just released version 2022.10.0. The download location and changelog can be found in the usual places.

The two most notable changes are:
  • I have now included an update checker that checks if the user has the latest version of my mod installed. The waiting period between checks can be configured to anything between 0 and 30 days (default is 14). It can also be disabled entirely.
  • I've broken my own rules and included a few texture fixes that were easy to implement. I don't plan on making this a regular thing.
Finally, thank you Cliffworms for fixing the two towers in Castle Daggerfall's courtyard.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for a update, appreciated, the release notes are quite beefy