Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Werewolf

Re: Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Post by Werewolf »

jayhova wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:25 am Daggerfall with its 1:1 scale is about 1/32 of the total area of Tamriel. Each of the sequel games are a little bigger than one city in Daggerfall.
The new games are still significantly bigger than a single city in Daggerfall but a single region in Daggerfall is still bigger than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim combined. Let me say that Daggerfall portraying 1/32 of Tamriel as this massive world with thousands of dungeons gives the impression that Tamriel is this massive place, as opposed to future games in the series which feature extremely small and condensed representations of their regions

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Just wanted to say that I haven't abandoned the project, it's just that finishing my current mod is taking more than expected :?

I guess not much good will come from knowing this, but I wanted to let everyone knows, for what it's worth.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Werewolf wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:35 pm The new games are still significantly bigger than a single city in Daggerfall but a single region in Daggerfall is still bigger than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim combined. Let me say that Daggerfall portraying 1/32 of Tamriel as this massive world with thousands of dungeons gives the impression that Tamriel is this massive place, as opposed to future games in the series which feature extremely small and condensed representations of their regions
Not as big as you might imagine.

https://softunderbelly.com/vvardenfell-paris-texas/
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

jayhova wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:10 pm
Werewolf wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:35 pm The new games are still significantly bigger than a single city in Daggerfall but a single region in Daggerfall is still bigger than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim combined. Let me say that Daggerfall portraying 1/32 of Tamriel as this massive world with thousands of dungeons gives the impression that Tamriel is this massive place, as opposed to future games in the series which feature extremely small and condensed representations of their regions
Not as big as you might imagine.

https://softunderbelly.com/vvardenfell-paris-texas/
Morrowind, oblivion, and Skyrim aren’t that big at all, it seems

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Arneb wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:21 pm Just wanted to say that I haven't abandoned the project, it's just that finishing my current mod is taking more than expected :?

I guess not much good will come from knowing this, but I wanted to let everyone knows, for what it's worth.
Super excited to see it. It’s going to be a massive step forward for Daggerfall Unity!

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Given that Tamriel Rebuilt has been developing for almost twenty years and still hasn't finished the mainland of Morrowind, I recommend a lot of patience. Yes, I know that making visual assets for Daggerfall would be less work, but that's only one piece of the puzzle. Arneb may benefit from watching Zaric Zhakaron's interview with the Tamriel Rebuilt developers on his YouTube channel.