KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Its interesting to look back at where it started..
01.jpg
01.jpg (388.88 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (362.23 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (305.13 KiB) Viewed 2002 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, anyone want to test my current reshade preset? Its made on RTX 3080 and its quite heavy, compared to base game. So Id love to know, how it runs on different cards. I guess 1070 should do it, but who knows.

Pls only ppl who know how to use reshade.

Download this preset
Download latest Reshade https://reshade.me/
Direct it to DFU, set dx10/11/12
Direct it to the preset so it loads only necessary shaders
Enable
Test performance
Tell me if u like it or not

To test it, its good to make a Keybind to turn the effect on/off (Effect toggle key in settings)

Set Dungeon/night/player torch light to 1 in the DFU options
Use torches in dungeons.
Use Improved interior lighting with DREAM 2023 preset

Thank you :)

DOWNLOAD Improved interior lighting Preset + ReShade Preset here:
DREAMs.rar
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

DREAM Team.jpg
DREAM Team.jpg (876.42 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
Dream Team old.jpg
Dream Team old.jpg (290.47 KiB) Viewed 1805 times

SangvinPingvin

Post by SangvinPingvin »

I'm just now discovering DFU and DREAMS, having played DOS DF in my youth - can I just say that I love what you've done with the place!

I'm starting to think about a small project of my own, and for that purpose I wanna ask: Has the new orc paper dolls and faces been converted to DREAM standards? If not, is there any interest or problem in going about this? I certainly don't have such talents myself, but would love to have such a resource for my own projects that touch more on gameplay and character creation.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

SangvinPingvin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:46 am I'm just now discovering DFU and DREAMS, having played DOS DF in my youth - can I just say that I love what you've done with the place!

I'm starting to think about a small project of my own, and for that purpose I wanna ask: Has the new orc paper dolls and faces been converted to DREAM standards? If not, is there any interest or problem in going about this? I certainly don't have such talents myself, but would love to have such a resource for my own projects that touch more on gameplay and character creation.
Hi, glad you like it. No I was never in contact with that modder, so I never had a chance to make his art high res. Maybe if he contacts me. But I tend to stay away from anything paperdoll related, its very demanding and I burned myself out on the 16 000 sprites I did already for paperdoll, plus all the placements using XML files, just a nightmare.

SangvinPingvin

Post by SangvinPingvin »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:51 pm Hi, glad you like it. No I was never in contact with that modder, so I never had a chance to make his art high res. Maybe if he contacts me. But I tend to stay away from anything paperdoll related, its very demanding and I burned myself out on the 16 000 sprites I did already for paperdoll, plus all the placements using XML files, just a nightmare.
No worries at all! I actually spoke to soon. You see, my project will depend on Roleplay and Realism - Items, in particular the new leather and chain armor types. Unfortunately, these are not high res either and don't properly fit the DREAM paperdoll. So I had to turn that part of the mod off unfortunately.

I can live with it of course, and the up side is the orc paperdoll will fit right in without modification. It's a shame there are no slightly-retouched character portraits with slightly increased resolution that could blend in with vanilla paper doll bodies. Those bodies are OK I guess, it's the portraits that make you long for a nice close faced helmet, lol.

boredofpost90slife

Post by boredofpost90slife »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:59 am Hi, anyone want to test my current reshade preset? Its made on RTX 3080 and its quite heavy, compared to base game. So Id love to know, how it runs on different cards. I guess 1070 should do it, but who knows.

Pls only ppl who know how to use reshade.

Download this preset
Download latest Reshade https://reshade.me/
Direct it to DFU, set dx10/11/12
Direct it to the preset so it loads only necessary shaders
Enable
Test performance
Tell me if u like it or not

To test it, its good to make a Keybind to turn the effect on/off (Effect toggle key in settings)

Set Dungeon/night/player torch light to 1 in the DFU options
Use torches in dungeons.
Use Improved interior lighting with DREAM 2023 preset

Thank you :)

DOWNLOAD Improved interior lighting Preset + ReShade Preset here:
DREAMs.rar
Just configured to your instructions and tried it, I'm on a 1080ti and my system has no problems running such.
Nights and lighting looks so much better! You actually solved the bad saturation issues I was having with reshade during later night times. Forests now have a much better feeling visually during night hours.
Dungeon lighting feels warmer.
Only issue I have is a little too much bloom/glow on everything else like game menus/text and sprites(during the day).
Thanks for this!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, appreciate the feedback on the looks and performance

boredofpost90slife

Post by boredofpost90slife »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:25 pm Thanks, appreciate the feedback on the looks and performance
Question...Is there any way I can remove the distance fog?
I'm using your D.R.E.A.M Package with Dynamic Skies and Mountains & Hills.
I've noticed the Distant Terrain mod does remove the distance fog, but I prefer not to use it.
Any other way to totally remove the fog?

PRAEst76

Post by PRAEst76 »

boredofpost90slife wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:04 am
King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:25 pm Thanks, appreciate the feedback on the looks and performance
Question...Is there any way I can remove the distance fog?
I'm using your D.R.E.A.M Package with Dynamic Skies and Mountains & Hills.
I've noticed the Distant Terrain mod does remove the distance fog, but I prefer not to use it.
Any other way to totally remove the fog?
If you removed the fog, but didn't use distant terrain, then there would be nothing there. You would just have unrendered space. That would look awful.