I tested the latest version. There are many improvements however there are still some issues.
- The dungeon monster duplication issue is fixed.
- For some reason after the client joins the game, most of the time the host can't see the client's player sprite (but the client can ALWAYS see the host). This can only be fixed if both players restart the game and they keep trying until the host can finally see the client. After that it works fine. This was an issue in the previous version too but I forgot to mention it in my last post.
As for the quest monsters, the TLDR version is that the player sprite issue somehow affects the quest monster spawn for the follower player. When the quest owner has no player sprite, the quest monsters don't spawn for the follower player.
Harpy / Bat quest:
- If both the quest owner and the follower have sprites, then the bat and harpy quests are perfectly synced. Both the spawn and the death. The follower can enter before AND after the monster spawned. The follower will always see the quest monster correctly and the death is in sync. Everything is perfect . Doesn't matter who is the host/client.
- If the quest owner (client) has no sprite, then the quest monster doesn't spawn for the follower (host).
- If the quest owner (host) has a sprite and the follower (client) doesn't, the quest monster still spawns for the follower and he can kill it and everything is in sync. Even though the owner can't see the follower.
Werewolf hunting quest:
- The spawn for the "werewolf in a dungeon" quest is still very random for the follower. Sometimes the quest monster spawns, but most of the time it does not. The whole host/client sprite thing doesn't matter here. However when it does spawn, the death is now in sync when the follower kills it. So it's an improvement.