Kab's Unleveled Spells

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kab the Bird Ranger

Re: Kab's Unleveled Spells

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

SangvinPingvin wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:49 pm will the magicka regen provided by this mod override the classmaker disadvantage ”inability to regenerate spell points”?
It respects the disadvantage, in that classes with this property do not regenerate spell points at all. Not in real time, not during rest.

SangvinPingvin

Post by SangvinPingvin »

Awesome, thanks.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Kab's Unleveled Spells has been updated to 1.0
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/220

Changes can be found here:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/DFU_Mod:Kab's_Unleveled_Spells

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

Hi, I really enjoy this mod but I've realised something when used in conjunction with Might Magick saving throw module, which upon a successful saving throw enemies and player will not fully resist a spell it only decreases the dmg done.

I only use the saving throw part of that mod and I think it is generally quite balanced, as is unleveled spells. I've yet to experiment at higher levels, but with both active, a mage with a large magicka pool in the early game is pretty OP. You can just spam low cost destruction spells like Arcane Arrow until everything dies because you will never run out of magicka in a dungeon. Used with any magicka regen mod it is especially overpowered.

Typically I play the base game and test mods as a hybrid class, so I was surprised to see how easy it became as a x3 int "pure spellcaster". I expect that once you get to the level that most enemies have resistances to some form of magic this might even out potentially. I also suppose a novice spellcaster roleplay wise may be a bit stronger out the gate than a lowly thief or unseasoned warrior. I'm just trying to find a good combination of combat oriented mods to make the game a bit more balanced. Daggerfall is wacky and super unbalanced in the vanilla state.

For example, Arcane Arrow is costing 5 spell points to cast, you can just walk backwards and spam it until everything dies and heal when its dead :lol:

This is by no means a criticism, just an observation. Cheers.

Kab the Bird Ranger

adamatom wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:46 am Hi, I really enjoy this mod but I've realised something when used in conjunction with Might Magick saving throw module, which upon a successful saving throw enemies and player will not fully resist a spell it only decreases the dmg done.

I do think that playing without a miss chance in Daggerfall makes it easy to win by just spamming attacks. This applies to both physical and magic.
Maybe one day I'll make knockback moddable, so we can have glancing blows that hurt but don't just stunlock enemies