[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Jovan Garza

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Jovan Garza »

Lamia wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:08 amit would be great is someone could compile in-game text into easily editable format
It seems that what you need is already implemented.

However, it is impossible to translate this game alone. Have you already chosen the team you will join for translation?
Last edited by Jovan Garza on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

From 0.15, in-game text tables can be replaced using simple CSV files. I'll be including a zip with release to use as a starting point. The below thread on twitter has more details about Localization in 0.15.

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 3619715074

Once 0.15 is stable, I'm planning a new blog post detailing how to translate DFU using these new localization capabilities.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just to refresh the memory :) I have all empty DREAM tabs ready for ppl who wants to make any translation compatible with DREAM. Just let me know if anyone ever needs that. Welcome to the forums!
OPTN00I0.IMG.png
OPTN00I0.IMG.png (595.53 KiB) Viewed 672 times

llennellened

Post by llennellened »

Adaptation old translation https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/384 for 0.14.5
BIOGs, Quests - translated by replacing the content
Textures - converted graphics (Sorry, the original, not a D.R.E.A.M.)
Video - added subtitles
The rest was not supported at the time of release 0.14.5
Interkarma wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:17 am From 0.15, in-game text tables can be replaced using simple CSV files
Since the keys of the quest positions do not match, then you should not count on the converter here?

Will there be BOOKs support? Will there be a converter?