Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Visty

Re: Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Post by Visty »

Hello!

I tried your mod and really like it so far. A question: I have the NPC health bar mod installed and realized that the monster HPs don't change on my screen when the other player hits a monster. They just suddenly die (go from 100% HP to 0) when the other player kills it. Am I understanding it correctly that currently there are only an alive and dead status for every monster as far as HP sync goes? So 2 players can't really fight together to kill a monster, it is more of a who kills it first? I found it strange, other than that it's a super impressive mod!

Y07A

Post by Y07A »

Visty wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am Hello!

I tried your mod and really like it so far. A question: I have the NPC health bar mod installed and realized that the monster HPs don't change on my screen when the other player hits a monster. They just suddenly die (go from 100% HP to 0) when the other player kills it. Am I understanding it correctly that currently there are only an alive and dead status for every monster as far as HP sync goes? So 2 players can't really fight together to kill a monster, it is more of a who kills it first? I found it strange, other than that it's a super impressive mod!
You are understanding right, for now, monsters health is not sync, but this will be added in next release surely.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'm absolutely blown away by this! Amazing work. Was able to play with my gf flawlessly.

Bondzik

Post by Bondzik »

I cant wait for next update - good job friend!

Y07A

Post by Y07A »

Hey here, I've been very busy lately, I made an other release on GitHub !

I corrected some disconnections issues, I think the build is "stable" now.

Let me know if you have issues.

Link of the 0.7:
https://github.com/EmptyBottleInc/DFU-T ... es/tag/0.7

Hazelnut

Re: Compilation Error CS1043

Post by Hazelnut »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:56 pm I googled the error and I think it's because there are parts of your code written in a C# syntax that is newer than what the mod compiler can handle. It's not the same compiler as Unity if I remember correctly.
Sorry I am very late to this thread, but you're correct the MCS compiler is quite different. However if you pre-compile the mod then it's not used and instead the same version of C# as DFU project uses is used to compile up front.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Bondzik

Post by Bondzik »

hello!

I find the problem. Second player can't see location to quest - location sharing does not working.