Wayward Realms Devlog 1: World Generation Systems

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Werewolf

Re: Wayward Realms Devlog 1: World Generation Systems

Post by Werewolf »

Wyaldfire wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:55 pm Hey guys, community manager for OnceLost Games here. We haven't had much of a presence in these forums but DFU is a project that is very near and dear to our hearts.
I was reading through your concerns, which are perfectly valid, and thought I'd hop in to address some of the issues.
I do want to say that none of the systems in the video were faked. That is our genuine progress, at least from a couple months back. The systems are still fairly primitive but they will continue to be iterated upon and improved, adding more variety and definition. For instance, we didn't showcase multiple floors or destructible doors, but those do already exist.
We are walking a fine line between our buildings/dungeons staying reminiscent of Daggerfall and looking like a more modern game. We obviously haven't hit the right mark yet, but we'll get there in time.
The goal has and always will be Daggerfall but created with modern tools.
Finally, I know progress seems slow, but it has been steady. Our team is working on a voluntary basis at the moment but we have been in active talks with publishers. We are not in a rush to get signed on though, as we want to take advantage of this time to lay a solid groundwork for our systems.
If you guys have any other concerns or questions, feel free to ask. We try to be as open as possible about the game and our progress.
How are you guys doing with investors? Seems pretty clear the development will truly start once you guys get investors on board to fund the project. Also would it be possible for this to be on the Meta Quest? By the time this game comes out we will be far past the Quest 2 but I would love to see it come to the Quest when it comes out in the future, mobile chips should definitely be better in 5 or 6 years. Apparently the upcoming Quest 3 will already be a lot more powerful than the Quest 2, so I think that with optimization it should be possible to get it ported when the game actually comes out in 5 or 6 years. Would be incredible for a Daggerfall successor on a standalone headset

alphayash

Post by alphayash »

I'm excited to see what former Devs of the "older scrolls" game can do. But so far what they've shown has been disappointing.

They're a small team, and I'm not sure anyone is working full-time on this yet so it makes sense. But they announced the studio in great fanfare, many gaming journals talked about it.

But it was probably more to find investors and talent, so it was very early. And even after a few years, this is the first real thing they've shown and it is fairly basic dungeon génération.

Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

alphayash wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:37 pm I'm excited to see what former Devs of the "older scrolls" game can do. But so far what they've shown has been disappointing.

They're a small team, and I'm not sure anyone is working full-time on this yet so it makes sense. But they announced the studio in great fanfare, many gaming journals talked about it.

But it was probably more to find investors and talent, so it was very early. And even after a few years, this is the first real thing they've shown and it is fairly basic dungeon génération.

Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see.
Really seems that the devs are releasing cinematic videos and art and lore even though the game isn’t in full development, to attract investors. Makes sense. Hopefully the game will get investors, start development, and be great