[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Hazelnut »

The thought process behind it is the earlier ranks are field operatives (i.e. grunts) and the INT requirement is low and most chars can be at those ranks. Only more scholarly chars can go into the real ranks of the guild starting at apprentice. Hope that makes more sense now? Let me know what you think in light of this info.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I apologise if this has been addressed before (29 pages is a lot of posts).

I bought some potions from the archaeologist apothecary a few minutes after 11:00. I decided to buy more potions later, so I returned to the guildhall at approximately 11:45 and noticed that the apothecary was already restocked. I don't know if this happens with every faction's apothecary or just this mod.

comradepollux

Post by comradepollux »

nicksta1310 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:19 am I apologise if this has been addressed before (29 pages is a lot of posts).

I bought some potions from the archaeologist apothecary a few minutes after 11:00. I decided to buy more potions later, so I returned to the guildhall at approximately 11:45 and noticed that the apothecary was already restocked. I don't know if this happens with every faction's apothecary or just this mod.
I believe it's every faction at the moment. Every time you buy potions it will roll a new assortment of potions for sale.

All4

Post by All4 »

I found a bug in one of the quests' text. The NPC is referred to with male and female pronouns.
Archaeologist Guild bug.png
Archaeologist Guild bug.png (618.58 KiB) Viewed 3154 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for the report. That is my mistake, and I'll send a fix for it.

All4

Post by All4 »

Awesome, thank you for the quick reply!

I found another mistake when buying a potion from the archaeologists guild. Haggline should be haggling.
Haggline.png
Haggline.png (77.32 KiB) Viewed 3073 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm, pretty sure there's no custom trading messages so I think that one is from Daggerfall data or a mistake when they were imported into the DFU localisation system.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

All4

Post by All4 »

If it was from the original, maybe it is just some in-universe streetwise slang.

esran

Post by esran »

I have a question about the overridden pacification formula "CalculateEnemyPacification". Is it intended that intelligence effects chance only if it is streetwise or etiquette and not a language skill? That seems like the opposite of what I would expect.

I might be misunderstanding the code of course.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm Hmm, pretty sure there's no custom trading messages so I think that one is from Daggerfall data or a mistake when they were imported into the DFU localisation system.
Yeah, regular old TEXT.RSC stuff. I've patched this now in DFU.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 617ec59b99