Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
rattlesnakes

Re: Making a multiplayer mod using Mirror

Post by rattlesnakes »

I signed up just to post here. My god this is amazing. My friend and I are playing with mods. Of course he can't see my campfires and I can't see his but we can still set up camp and warm up and rest beside each other. This works better than I had even hoped. What you are doing is huge. I look so forward to seeing the next update!

Imagine there was a sync to host player in case the monsters etc get out of sync. My friend and I are careful to stay close together and make saves. Seems to work!!!! Even after saving at roughly different times and loading those saves our in game time is sync'd, that is crazy cool.

The travelling and quest systems would be the hardest to sync but if you get some of the modders in this community to help you I'm betting they would. Maybe with the help of 3 mods you could have a full on MMO? That would be..... impossible?

I remember there were two guys trying to make this happen a couple years ago but gave up. They didn't even have it as close as you do now though. This needs to be known to everyone who is a part of Daggerfall Unity. I'm sure it will be soon if not already.

I will continue harassing my friend to keep testing out fast travelling far at the same time together.

Bless you Tanguy.

duendeinexistente

Post by duendeinexistente »

rattlesnakes wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:19 pm Of course he can't see my campfires and I can't see his but we can still set up camp and warm up and rest beside each other.
How romantic.

Darkenneko

Post by Darkenneko »

Brother and I made brand new characters and ran this from the tutorial dungeon to the small town right south of it. No mods.

It ran very well, only issues we had were enemy syncs. For the most part they seemed to work extremely well, but in other parts it seemed it didn't work at all? It was very confusing, everything else was running great though. I plan to put plenty of more hours into this because playing Daggerfall multiplayer is super cool and I hope you keep up the amazing work!

bloodshot

Post by bloodshot »

Just an fyi for anyone playing this, if you send other players your questdata.txt in your save folder it will give you the same exact quest, sending discoverydata.txt will give you the locations. So you can effectively start a quest, send these files and do the same quest together. You both still have to pick up the quest item but it works

GreedoGrape

Post by GreedoGrape »

This Mod is amazing. Hopefully still getting worked on. Would love to see issues with time synching being fixed. That being said I'm already over the moon that a mod like this exists. Occasional random disconnects but I'm sure it's one of the 100 mods I have loaded.... If you have a patreon let me know!

FrancoStrider

Post by FrancoStrider »

Can anyone play this on the latest version? 0.16?

Nigxoss

Post by Nigxoss »

Hi, i recently try to play with your DFU multi version, i follow your tutorial video but it's not working. I dont have the message on buttom right of steam when i starting DFU.
I do something bad ? or the mod is broken ? but i see a video of people played in multi a month ago.

I instaled no mod, i us a windows version.

Thanks for your help

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Is the mod dead? Would love to give it a shot with a friend, once quests can be played together. Amazing project!
In Julianos we Trust.