[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Love them
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:29 pmLove them
Cool :) it will all look better once the properties of textures are set in Unity inspector and built as a dfmod. There are some white lines here and there, they will disappear. Mod files are still a mess in a sense Im not sure which files are actually used and which are not...

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'll try to clean up the files and structures so it is easier in the future when I work on it.

Would you mind posting them on the minimap mod thread and also sending them to me in a PM?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I would just download em from this page, and post em to another thread and than send em in the PM :D
Just download the files and do as u wish with them

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Roger. Will do. Thanks for all the free hours of work for these. I really appreciate it. :D

I just got better from a bought of pneumonia, so I'll be back on polishing this mod up. I'm getting close to getting in weapons of differing sizes and cleaning up one small frame issue with the classic animation system that popped up.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Giving up on custom weapon sizes again. I got the formulas to work, so you could set it to whatever size you wanted using a percentage adjuster. It worked perfectly with right and left attacks, but the usual issue of down attacks having to many cut off edges appeared.

When I decrease the weapon sprite sizes, it shows the edges of the textures. This is okay for certain attacks that show the whole top of the sword without a screen edge cutoff. However, any attack, like the down attacks, that has the top of the sword off the screen shows the edge of the texture and cuts off the sword top portion. The only way to fix this is similar to what I did with animation smoothing; replace each individual frame with a new sprite from the weapon attack index and completely realign it perfectly, so it works with the attack it is being rammed into. I do not want to do this for every single attack that has a cut off frame, just to get in custom weapon sizes. Maybe, one day, if I'm sick and stuck at home and want a mind numbing activity to do, I'll try it. Until then, there are better mods and things I can be putting the time into.

I'll be dropping another debugged release. I fixed the issue of the very first frame of attacks now showing.

I think I'm pretty close to a final release now, as this is pretty feature complete at this point.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Understandable to skip that feature for now. Will this mod work as a DFMOD or u need a DFU branch?
Also, Im a bit lost so - does this have the:
Smooth weapon animations?
Weapon movement when you walk?

Have u utilized the HD shields I gave you?

Im looking forward this mod for a "while" :D

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Yes, smooth animations have been in for a while. They work with dream also automatically.
Yes, weapon bobbing is in. It bobs while moving, then resets back to a rest position when not.

No, I have not redone the shield code and rects for the HD shields yet. That was going to come after I finished the last bit of fixes and updates.

Right now, I'm wrapping up putting in a animation qeue system, so I can do multiple animations in a row. I needed to do this anyways as a fix for a small animation alignment issue cropping up from the bobbing system.

What the animation que system allows is more natural full animations by connecting multiple single animations. As an example, weapons can now have a wind up animation before the attack animation plays. I que up the two animations, and my numerator plays one after the other. In the future, this could technically allow for combo based systems or any combination of attacks and custom coded animations.

Things are just going slower, as I am extremely busy anymore in my life. I'm building a business and running the whole backend and taxes for it, working a 40 hour week job, and am really busy with social things I have to tend to.

It will be out soon. I'm close to a bug free, feature complete version. I need to merely rebuild the animation manager system for the other hand, recode the 30 lines or so that setup the animations to play, put in the custom wind up animations, put in the option to enable them, and think done finally. I'll come back and put in HD shield option after first complete release.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:21 pm Understandable to skip that feature for now. Will this mod work as a DFMOD or u need a DFU branch?
Also, Im a bit lost so - does this have the:
Smooth weapon animations?
Weapon movement when you walk?

Have u utilized the HD shields I gave you?

Im looking forward this mod for a "while" :D
silly question, can i see the shields? i made some shields too awhile back and i was curious. i didn't see you post em.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It might be very well based on your work, as I upscaled it from some source - and given not many ppl worked on shields, it might be yours. But I also remember copying the hand from one to another, adding shadows, correcting a lot of stuff around... I gave it a lot of work to look like this in HD. Its like year old+
3rd Shield.png
3rd Shield.png (491.05 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
2nd Shield.png
2nd Shield.png (820.92 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
1st Shield.png
1st Shield.png (618.52 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.