Would really like to infect PC with vampirism in a quest!

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
harbinger451

Would really like to infect PC with vampirism in a quest!

Post by harbinger451 »

It can't be done with ...

Code: Select all

make pc ill with Vampirism
... at least, not according to TheLacus's quest editor. Vampirism isn't listed in the Quests-Diseases table, though...

Code: Select all

cure Vampirism
... does work as if it is a disease, and is used in the official DF quest that cures vampirism. So it does act like a disease in that aspect at least.

My main question is, if Vampirism is added to the Quests-Diseases table, would the "make pc ill with..." action work?

Begging the question, does adding anything to these quest tables effect the game at all, or are they intractable and just meant as a reference?

Kamer

Re: Would really like to infect PC with vampirism in a quest!

Post by Kamer »

I'm working on a new batch of quest actions for Daggerfall. I can definitely look into adding this as part of the pack if it is not to be included with base DFU.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Oh wow, that would be awesome!

I know JohnDoom's actions framework mod allows reducing health in a quest ... could there a way to let you reduce fatigue in a quest also?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

harbinger451 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:37 am Oh wow, that would be awesome!

I know JohnDoom's actions framework mod allows reducing health in a quest ... could there a way to let you reduce fatigue in a quest also?
Yes. Sky is the limit honestly. I talked with John Doom and others. We are putting all of our quest actions into a single pack too so everyone doesn't have to download several mods.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

That would be great... can't wait.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

We are putting all of our quest actions into a single pack too so everyone doesn't have to download several mods.
Any update on this new quest actions mod being produced ... would really be useful. I would really like to be able to effect fatigue and skill points as well as infect with vampirism through the quest system.