[Resolved 0.15.3] Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
PLRDLF

[Resolved 0.15.3] Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post by PLRDLF »

Just one more thing, regarding letters of credits: When you have used up all of the gold the letter is worth, for example at an item maker where you can calculate exactly how much gold you will need in advance, you will be left with a letter of credit that has a value of 0 gold pieces. You can either throw that worthless letter away or get it removed at a bank by using the deposit letter of credit option.
I think it would make more sense that the letter is removed automatically from the player's inventory. after all the gold has been used up.

Ralzar

Re: Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post by Ralzar »

PLRDLF wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:12 am Just one more thing, regarding letters of credits: When you have used up all of the gold the letter is worth, for example at an item maker where you can calculate exactly how much gold you will need in advance, you will be left with a letter of credit that has a value of 0 gold pieces. You can either throw that worthless letter away or get it removed at a bank by using the deposit letter of credit option.
I think it would make more sense that the letter is removed automatically from the player's inventory. after all the gold has been used up.
That does not sound right. I am pretty certain that the letters are auto removed. Maybe you are using a mod that does not handle this correctly?

pango

Post by pango »

(I'm creating a new topic since a different issue is being discussed)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Hi PLRDLF,
PLRDLF wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:12 am Just one more thing, regarding letters of credits: When you have used up all of the gold the letter is worth [...] you will be left with a letter of credit that has a value of 0 gold pieces.
Yes, looking at the code that's what was happening in that rare case. I pushed a fix:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 49d76c212d
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart