[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

So odd, let me do some more playtesting with a stand alone build. Yeah, probably time for a nexus drop for a good beta feedback cycle. Not a bad idea.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Man, I'm at a loss for you. I tried again, fresh install to 15.2 stand alone, created a while new character and game from scratch, loaded up with only the mod, and working fine still.

One last question, you're extracting the folders contents into the streaming assets folder, right? To me it sounds like a file is missing some where and its crashing.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, I extract it so the mods folder gets merged with mods folder and texture folder gets merged with texture folder. Just in streaming assets.

osman

Post by osman »

Sadly, i also have this problem. When trying to swing, a blocking animation is played but i can hear the swing sound effect.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Are you setting up your proper keys osman? This sounds like you have osfhand and the main attack keys bound to the same key?

If you do not change the custom offhand attack key or go in and change your attack hey, it will assign both of them to your attack key, and when trying to attack it will play a block/parry animation. I've heard this one multiple times; individuals download the mod, don't check the settings of the mod, and then have issues.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

OMG, how did I not notice this until now; the issue is you're not setting the custom offhand attack key, so your default attack key and the offhand attack key are overlapping automatically, and this will actually trigger the built in parry.

If you use both attacks within a certain small time frame, you will initiate a parry block animation instead of an attack. I built it to be smart enough to allow dual input, so you don't need another keybind just for parrying.

When installing the mod the first time, if you do not replace the offhand key or change your base attack key, it will overlap and you will always start and parry instead of attacking.

*Ensure to change either the default attack key in game settings or change the offhand attack key in the mod settings.*

Also, I will change the default offhand key moving forward, so this overlap doesn't happen automatically; I set it up assuming everyone was like me and would want the default Skyrim left click, right click attack system, and would change the attack keys.
Last edited by l3lessed on Wed May 24, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I will be dropping a new release tomorrow that has all the animation bobbing and smoothing pretty much in place. this includes lowered bobbing animation for when blocking with a shield and automatic return to resting state when going to idle standing position.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I dont use "click to attack" I use the vanilla "press the mouse button and move it in the direction of attack" ... not sure if it helps with anything :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Same concept. You cannot have the mods offhand key be the same key binding as your games default key. This will always cause a parry to trigger and start the beginning of its animation. Ensure to rebind the mods offhand key or rebind the games default attack key. If you do not change the key bindings, you will always be stuck starting a parry. You are starting the parry animation/state and then stopping it every time you are clicking your attack key because it overlaps with the mods offhand key.

Also, the parry and block system are both a hold down key system. The animation will play as long as you have both attack keys hold down, and it will stop the moment you let go; it isn't a click and forget it system, as I wanted players to have more control and be rewarded for thinking and good timing. It isn't a one click trigger and forget.

Pogs

Post by Pogs »

Any plans on Diverse Weapon integration? I'd love to see that. Great mod either way, I was hoping exactly this mod would exist when I decided to delve into DFU