Classes Expanded Mod

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
harbinger451

Re: Classes Expanded Mod

Post by harbinger451 »

Uploaded Version 1.3 to NEXUS: Removed the references to the Language Skills Overhaul mod from the standard BIOGs and instead provided an alternate set of BIOGs for use with that mod that changes the text in the relevant answers to match the new skills. DFmod is the same as v1.2.

OP has been updated to reflect this.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Uploaded Version 1.4: Updated the method of adding text to the game so as to be compatible with DFU 0.15.4a and above. Also made some minor corrections to one of the new class descriptions and a couple of the new histories.

OP has been updated to reflect this.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Uploaded Version 1.5 to NEXUS: Added two new Classes (Pugilist and Courtesan), removed references to the Language Skills Overhaul mod from the main dfmod and BIOG files and provided alternate versions of the dfmod and some BIOGs with appropriate text for use with that mod. For use with DFU 0.16.1 or above!
Updated OP to reflect this.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

So i installed everything correctly to the arena2 folder and used the files for the language overhaul in the biog and mods folder.

I can see the enemies that use the class with my enemy extender ans other stuff, and it shows up in the character builder menu correctly, but i just cant double click it to use it.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Am I correct in thinking that the new classes are appearing in the class list that you choose from, but you are unable to select one of those new classes?

This sounds like its probably a load order issue. Are you using any of my other class selection mods? My recommended load order for those and other related mods are as follows ...

Background Question And History Fixes
Classes Redone
Classes Expanded
Daggerfall Enemy Expansion
Language Skills Overhaul

This is how they appear in my load order, but you may have to experiment with it a bit - it's often different depending on what other mods are used.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

that did it - thank you!

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Some people have reported a problem getting Classes Expanded working - it freezes/crashes straight after character creation when one of the new classes is picked. After much trial and error, I've discovered that this mod requires the Roleplay & Realism - Items mod. Specifically, the option "Skill Based Starting Equipment" MUST be enabled!

It must be something to do with when the game allocates items at the start of the game, it isn't expecting the new classes and doesn't know what to do with them and crashes/freezes. Somehow Roleplay Realism - Items overrides this mechanic with it's own script, and that means there is no crash... or something. I don't know tbh, BUT IT WORKS!

The original post and the mod description on NEXUS has been updated with this info also.