[FIX] Paperdoll fixes for AndyFall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
MrFlibble

[FIX] Paperdoll fixes for AndyFall

Post by MrFlibble »

UPDATE from 23/08/17: Version 1.2 released, with tweaks & new faces for female characters.

Recently I gave AndyFall a shot with vanilla DF, and I noticed that while it adds new stuff to the paperdoll clothes, it does not really address the original issues from the vanilla game, including wrong colours and offsets, among other things. So I tinkered with it a little bit, with most focus on female characters.

1. New clothes are now transferred to Khajit and Argonian females. Some had to be tweaked a bit to fit the respective paperdolls:
Image Image

2. Secondly, I combed through all races' female clothes and armour, and fixed wrong colours and offsets similar to the vanilla paperdoll fix.

3. Additionally, since AndyFall makes the human/elf female body shape slimmer compared to the Bethesda original, I partially reverted a number of armour pieces and garments to their more slender shape from the Khajit/Argonian clothes set. This includes all types of greaves and most cuirasses, formal eodoric, priestess robes and wrap.

On top of this, I adjusted the position of the vest on most shirts to match the position of the separate vest item. The breast shape on shirts has been edited to match the actual paperdoll, based on similar Bethesda edits of the casual dress and short shirt with ornate sleeves.

Male characters had less AndyFall-specific changes, but I did fix the reversible tunic and moved the Highlander costume to a Formal tunic slot (it was a Long shirt variant originally). Also included are fixes for Bethesda errors, like extra transparent pixels that weren't supposed to be there.

Additionally, there was a real mess with armour sets for male characters. Originally, each race has its own unique set with slightly different shapes for greaves, cuirasses and pauldrons, and different offsets for helmets. AndyFall ignored that and just copied Khajiit armour over Argonian and Elf ones, even though they have different waist sizes and other minor differences. I've restored the original armour for all races, plus fixed wrong offsets for new helmets.

The pack also adds inventory item fixes from the vanilla paperdoll fix.

Here's a little comparison gallery:
https://imgsli.com/MTc0Nzgy/0/1

You can use it both with vanilla AndyFall and as a replacement if DFU, but make sure you install AndyFallLite first, as AndyFall clothes are incompatible with vanilla human/elf female paperdoll bodies.

Alternate download link: andyfall-fix-12.zip
Attachments
andyfall-fix-12.zip
version 1.2
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by MrFlibble on Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MrFlibble

Re: [WIP] Paperdoll fixes for AndyFall

Post by MrFlibble »

Added fixes for male human and elf clothes & armour. The original Andyfall messed up the elf clothes set by simply copying the human one. But only female humans and elves have identical body shape, while the male elves have a narrower waist line, making most human clothes look like they're a couple sizes larger. I fixed this and also made a more uniform hand shape for both human and elf sets.

Also the elf armour was copied from Khajiit male armour, even though there are some subtle differences here and there, and some items, most notably greaves, do not directly match the elf body shape. I restored the original elf shapes for armour items.

MrFlibble

Re: [FIX] Paperdoll fixes for AndyFall

Post by MrFlibble »

Released version 1.0. Now all races are properly covered (pun intended).

I had to restore original clothes and armour sets for Argonians, because they have subtle differences from other races' sprites (in fact, for males all four race sets have slightly different clothes and armour), but AndyFall just copied Khajiit clothes for Argonians, and Khajiit armour for Argonians and Elves. This also includes fixes for any Bethesda errors I could find, just like in the vanilla paperdoll fix.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Updated the fix to version 1.01. I have reworked male human and elf clothes to more closely follow the source material while ironing out various errors.

Male elves now have their clothes as closely similar to the male human versions, but tailored to their slimmer bodies. I used both human and Khajiit clothes for reference, because the original Bethesda version for male elves (which is almost unmodified in AndyFall) is in almost every respect identical to male Argonian clothes, even though Argonians have a different body shape.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

The fix has been updated to version 1.1. This mostly concerns further tweaks of female clothes, plus some adjustments for the other races.

Among other things, I fixed cloak capes for human females and males, and female elves so that no faces have any gaps that show the background:
ImageImage

Also human & elf female shirts have been edited to remove gaps on the left sleeve:
ImageImage

Additionally, I replaced the duplicate face in the female Nord pool with an unused female Nord face that can be found on one of Bethesda's promo images:

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Updated the fix to version 1.2. I did some tweaks to most shirts without vest, following the original Bethesda edits of the casual dress and ornate short shirts as guidelines to adjust the shape to better match the human/elf paperdoll.

I also liked the idea of using old faces from Bethesda's promo images, and replaced many of the female human and elf faces with what appear to be their early versions, sometimes very different from the final release. Most notably, almost all Wood Elf female faces have been replaced, returning Arena-style hair. Apparently, the original AndyFall does not contain any edited faces for the Wood Elves at all (other elves and all humans get one new face for the females), although it includes the original set of faces for that race as well. Here are some examples:
Image Image Image Image Image Image