[MOD] Daggerfall Autosave

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Daggerfall Autosave

Post by pango »

Seen in a stream, after each rest the console got spammed with "Game saved." messages, as if the mod had been busy during the rest...
I don't remember experiencing that myself, maybe it's a mods combo
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Friendch

Post by Friendch »

Excellent !
Another mod for the «necessary addons» category !

Is it not available on Nexus ? If not, if I may ask, why is that ?
Seems a bit more convenient to navigate than here...
Now I hope I don't miss other nuggets like these !

Thanks.

Uncle Sheo

Post by Uncle Sheo »

TheRiddick2077 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:38 am Often when I love autosaves after traveling it puts me under the ground and I fall. Its not a big issue as only happens sometimes when fast traveling to a location and can be solved by pressing v and traveling to same location again.

Makes you wonder what's causing it.
That could happen with any type of save, not really related to this mod. This often happens when you have a terrain mod installed like "interesting eroded terrain" or similar. So check those. There's a line in the settings.ini called "TerrainHeightmapPixelError" that could possibly alleviate this problem. Set that from 5 to 1. Or you could consider disabling the mod if it happens too often. From my experience the wilderness overhaul makes the world interesting enough and I've not yet encountered any fall-in-void bugs with that one. So there's a possible alternative.

All of the above is of course just from my experience. Any dev can correct me on this.
The game is a foot. Or a leg. Or all manners of severed limbs!

aches

Post by aches »

Hi everyone! I've been afk for a while. Not trying to necro this but I will address as much as possible.
Ralzar wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:28 pm I have two cases atm of users of my mod Climates & Cloaks who experience residual effects from the mod when loading. Both use this Autosave mod.
For example, swimming, then loading a previous game and still being wet.
The problem can be fixed by restarting the game.

Might this mod be missing some function normal save/load uses to reset the game state? If so, it’ll probably affect more than just my mod, it’s just that C&Cs effects are more noticable.
I will investigate this. Climates & Cloaks is a great mod as well so thanks for the heads up!
pango wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:23 pm Got an interesting bug today, that reminded me of classic bugs ;)
I was on an elevator going up while autosave kicked in, and I fell thru the elevator...

And if I reload that autosave, I fall thru the elevator too
This is a interesting one. If I had to guess it's part bad luck and part Autosave. I wonder if the save cause something to skip a frame and have you fall through. Hoping you survived. I can try to reproduce and come up with something that is not too hacky.
pango wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:54 pm Seen in a stream, after each rest the console got spammed with "Game saved." messages, as if the mod had been busy during the rest...
I don't remember experiencing that myself, maybe it's a mods combo
I'm unsure about this one. There is an option for saving before a rest which would make me think it's working as intended.
Friendch wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:34 pm Excellent !
Another mod for the «necessary addons» category !

Is it not available on Nexus ? If not, if I may ask, why is that ?
Seems a bit more convenient to navigate than here...
Now I hope I don't miss other nuggets like these !

Thanks.
Thank you! Much appreciated! I have a nexus account and I'll put it up there. As for why; I like seeing mods on GitHub because it is the antithesis of a "Creation Club".

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome back :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart