[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Jagget

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:06 pm Just checking this and the "Finished Quests" page is definitely using localised names.

Probably what's happening in your case is the quest was started before its DisplayName was translated. Quests are one of the areas where text is cached in save data after being instanced.

Try "purgeallquests" and starting a new quest that has already been translated. It should use the localised name when that quest is completed. With some luck, this might even be the case for the mod. :)

finished-quests.jpg
Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be working for me. I started a new game, without that mod, but still I got original quest name in "Finished" even though I saw translated name in the guild, when they showed me a list of the available quests.
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Darn. :( Well, I can at least confirm the code as written is drawing from translated name before and after quest finishes, so I don't know how you're getting a different result on your end. It will use non-localised quest names as a fallback, so maybe something is breaking along the way causing fallback to be used?

All I can suggest is to make sure all mods are removed and you're definitely using 0.16.0 RC. And if you want to give me a zip of one of your quests to test, I'm happy to take it a for a spin and try to reproduce.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:36 am Darn. :( Well, I can at least confirm the code as written is drawing from translated name before and after quest finishes, so I don't know how you're getting a different result on your end. It will use non-localised quest names as a fallback, so maybe something is breaking along the way causing fallback to be used?

All I can suggest is to make sure all mods are removed and you're definitely using 0.16.0 RC. And if you want to give me a zip of one of your quests to test, I'm happy to take it a for a spin and try to reproduce.
1). Tested. No mods, just localized Quests. In the list, when I choose what quest to accept, it is localized. In the Journal, Finished Quests list - it is not. I attached the quest for example, it's Magic Guild.

2). I found one more message where I see unlocalized text: languagePacified, the %s part is not localized, the same way as it was with equippingWeapon
Attachments
N0B00Y04-LOC.zip
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Also, sometimes I see unused or not replaced template variables
It's the record №200 in Internal_RSC.csv

Code: Select all

Как заставить сверкать глаза у %ra? Засунуть факел ему в ухо![/record]

How do you get a %ra's eyes to sparkle? Put a torch in his ear![/record]
Attachments
NVIDIA_Share_miggpUhhkV.png
NVIDIA_Share_miggpUhhkV.png (114.08 KiB) Viewed 494 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

One more thing. Seems like the Mage Light is a new custom spell and not present in CSV files :D
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity_hM0OgVytM9.png
DaggerfallUnity_hM0OgVytM9.png (158.22 KiB) Viewed 484 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

I'm really sorry to post so much :? , but I keep finding new stuff :shock: . Potion Recipe is only partially translated, and its ingredients for some reason are in English
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity_tFF8CDguX9.png
DaggerfallUnity_tFF8CDguX9.png (92.98 KiB) Viewed 475 times
DaggerfallUnity_oGADw5fLxV.png
DaggerfallUnity_oGADw5fLxV.png (100.86 KiB) Viewed 475 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I worked out why completed quest name isn't displayed in finished quests list. I've fixed this in a way that should also flow through to mods, provided they're retrieving name from running quest instance or using the provided "GetLocalizedQuestDisplayName()" method.

As before, quest needs to be restarted for translation to be picked up through entire lifetime. Any quests previously logged to finished quests won't be translated.

I'll have a look at those other problems when I have time. :)

finished-fixed.jpg
finished-fixed.jpg (126.36 KiB) Viewed 457 times

P.S. Don't mind the English words in above screenshot. This is just because your quest file is the only translation in my test environment.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jagget wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:27 pm 2). I found one more message where I see unlocalized text: languagePacified, the %s part is not localized, the same way as it was with equippingWeapon
These names are drawn from "enemyNames" entry in Internal_Strings. It's one name per line, and must be in the same order as shown in master files. Can you please confirm you've translated this whole field with same formatting as below?

I'm happy to check with your Internal_Strings if you can please attach your current one.

enemy-names.jpg
enemy-names.jpg (86.94 KiB) Viewed 442 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:21 am
Jagget wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:27 pm 2). I found one more message where I see unlocalized text: languagePacified, the %s part is not localized, the same way as it was with equippingWeapon
These names are drawn from "enemyNames" entry in Internal_Strings. It's one name per line, and must be in the same order as shown in master files. Can you please confirm you've translated this whole field with same formatting as below?

I'm happy to check with your Internal_Strings if you can please attach your current one.
In languagePacified not translated part was the Skill. All my CSVs are attached to this message.
Attachments
Text.zip
(353.59 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for clarifying it is skill name, not enemy name. I'll take a look. :)

Edit: That one is fixed now. Screenshot using your text files. I'll loop back and look at the others as I can.

pacified-orc.jpg
pacified-orc.jpg (32.47 KiB) Viewed 421 times