Persistent Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Elara_Gaerwing

Re: Persistent Dungeons

Post by Elara_Gaerwing »

Vondur wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:47 am I actually came here to ask if a persistent dungeon can be used as storage/player home?
I was wondering this too, so after verifying that the small dungeon I picked did was indeed free of corpses after a day (per my setting), I tried using Decorator to dress up the place. It can't be activated. I looked up Decorator again and realized that it only activates in player owned houses or boats.

I also realized that even if Decorator <could> be used, you would still have the dungeon battle music playing endlessly in your dungeon home. Not quite the home setting I was thinking of.

Too bad, it's a pretty cool idea.

EG
Alright. You have one minute of my time.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Rather than disabling persistent main quest dungeons, I:

1. made a save before angering the guards
2. spoke with Mynisera
3. left Castle Daggerfall
4. made another save
5. pasted my 'mod_persistent dungeons.txt' from the first save to the second

Is it more work? Sure, but I really like being able to see the impact I've made when I return to dungeons like Scourg Barrow and Shedungent, and I didn't want to lose that.
I've found a much simpler solution to this problem. If you use the Villager Reactions mod, you can toggle Friendly Castle Guards to ON so using Persistent Dungeons set to affect the main quest dungeons doesn't mean the guards will immediately attack you when you return to the Castle after entering the room off the main hall.

TheServerSupreme

Post by TheServerSupreme »

I presume this mod is still working for DFU 1.0.0 correct?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I use it, and I've never seen problems from it.