All inner doors sometimes just stop to work.. Broken Stackup Open spell + Broken spell cost/chance

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ruthan

All inner doors sometimes just stop to work.. Broken Stackup Open spell + Broken spell cost/chance

Post by ruthan »

I have some issue with inner/ indoors doors, sometimes i cant activate them, im click on them and get nothing, i tried all grab/ steal etc door. It happened me few times in dungeon and few times in city.. Entering / exiting doors are always fine.
Maybe somebody else would have this issue too, its fixing overtime by few exits and reentering, but it seems to happen more and more often. Sometimes full game reload fix it, but seems not everytime.. maybe some issue with save / load and all door states reset.. maybe something is not reset by reload, forgotten or for save to time/ performance, its often issues from my games development experience..

Im also not sure if door behavior is completely ok with using recall, if you teleport behind some closed doors.. and how door state saving works.. because it door state in builds is saved for sure.. but when you change location it seems than all city data cleared.. all opened doors are not closed again, all items on the ground and not in your house gone.. but there should be some issue with resetting doors states i guess in city..

Yeah it still not explain some problems with dungeons.
Last edited by ruthan on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

pango

Re: All inner doors sometimes just stop to work..

Post by pango »

Do you use mods?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

Yes, but nothing door related.. just Dream and more 3D objects, visible paths and viewable skill progress and quest log with timers.

But im using often set_timescale command to lesser value than 12 - 2/4 , maybe it could break something too.
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

I met another bug, using quick save/load.. during night - 3AM, when i tried to enter some houses- to train lockpicking, i could enter all and all gave some welcome in message, probably the same as for active quest kill the rats in other house, reload whole game fixed it..

pango

Post by pango »

ruthan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:53 pm Yes, but nothing door related
If that can be an issue in saving/loading scenes, then many mods could cause problems, related to doors or not.
You should try to replicate the issue without mods
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

pango wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:31 pm
ruthan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:53 pm Yes, but nothing door related
If that can be an issue in saving/loading scenes, then many mods could cause problems, related to doors or not.
You should try to replicate the issue without mods

This is the correct answer. Mods can break normal execution of the game in a huge variety of ways. It's irrelevant if the mod is "door related" or not.

Please note this forum is for the base unmodded version of Daggerfall Unity. If you're encountering problems while running mods, the only answer you'll get is to setup a fresh new version without any mods.

After setting up a new version, add back mods one a time to confirm which mod is causing the issue. Then raise this issue with the mod author.

If you feel you've found a bug in the game that happens even without mods, then you need to provide exact steps to reproduce that bug. If the problem can't be reproduced with those steps, then it's not a bug. It's something specific to your environment.

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

I keep vanilla installation besides of my modded one, i will check it.. I really suspect set_timescale .. we will see, if someone else would have this problem too.
BTW i did some testing with set_timescale and Steath skill training, if set_timescale make training faster, but it seems that it does not, im getting less exp when i set it higher than 12.. in comparasion with Swimming when higher value helps.. in comparision training CLimbing seems ignore set_timescale value and it seems to be related on how much distance you climb, so i can train it fine with set_timescale on lower value like 1 or 2.

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

I tested it without mods its the same.. and other strange thing that starting to happen is that after 18:00 houses arent locked but im getting elsewhere please come in message.. maybe my fame is now high, but i cant now train lockpicking :(
Save added..

I dunno if someone ever tested Lockpicking 77, it took a lot of time..

BTW i saw some other problems with too high magic values, if you are using enchanted items with like skill 120 values.. Elemental Spell resists effect and one other spells, better than better spell you are creating values of mana is more and more negative.. like negative - 250 etc. something is clearly overfloating..
I removed my enchanted items from the save, im sharing it just for debugging doors :) But you can see custom Spell resists spells, which are with my enchanting items cost 5 of Mana, as any other spells, yet enchanting sucks from game balance view.

To test in just try to open any inner doors and try to enter to some house, you are allway welcome in, even after 18:00+ something is broken.
Attachments
SAVE157-DoorProblem.7z
(359.1 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

Here is video, i have to quick save / quick load game to open 1 more door :(
https://streamable.com/91y3r5

pango

Post by pango »

When I load your save in plain DFU, it complains about 27 missing mods, so that's not a test without mods.
Same with the video, from graphics alone that's not a mod-less test.

That said, after loading your game I went to a random house in a random town, and all the doors were locked, so something is broken in game state itself now.
Purging the 61 non-main quests didn't help.
Dispelling or waiting for the 2 long-lasting (several months) effects you had didn't help.
Didn't see anything interesting in the logs.
-- Charles Goodhart