Project N - a.k.a. what Daggerfall totally *doesn’t* need? Ok, I’ll do exactly that!

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Arneb

Re: Project N - a.k.a. what Daggerfall totally *doesn’t* need? Ok, I’ll do exactly that!

Post by Arneb »

I'm making a list of "things to do" before releasing a playable test build for ProjectN; this won't obviously be complete location-wise, it will just be there to test which of the "new features" work and which don't, and to test compatibility with existing mods for DFU.

- Generate locations for a new region, preferably something in High Rock (to test the French-Breton names) at the border between Hammerfell and Skyrim (to use two different minor regionalisms for location generation); Dunkarn Haven would be the obvious choice;
- Generate roads for that region;
- Have a satisfactory number of different "hidden locations" to test the new feature;
- Have different kinds of townfolks appear in settlements, with the correct clothes climate-wise;
- Have the new planned Advantages working (Climate Survival, Underground Survival, Sense of Direction, maybe others);

Stuff that maybe will be in the test build, but probably not:
- The new Maquis climate type (I still don't have the ground tiles for that, and having maquis in Dunkarn Haven doesn't make much sense);
- Reworked and rebalanced stats bonus;
- New planned skills;
- New planned spells;
- Paid instant travel;
- Reworked and rebalanced quest system;