Suggested Music sorting?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
C0rg1

Suggested Music sorting?

Post by C0rg1 »

With the Dynamic Music mod you can import Jeremy Soule's sound tracks from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Being from later games they are sorted into the five simple categories of Battle, Dungeon, Explore, Public, and "special". Whereas the Dynamic music mod has 18 categories. Even the creator of the Dynamic Music mod provided a sorting list for the "Orchestral and Acoustic Remaster" where the some tracks are copied into multiple different categories.

So my question is; How would you sort the Jeremy Soul sound tracks into the DMM's 18?

numidium3rd

Re: Suggested Music sorting?

Post by numidium3rd »

Dynamic Music guy here. I'm fairly certain this could be done with user defined playlists. I don't know for sure if these would work 100% of the time but they would be a good starting point for experimentation:

# Towns
Public = Not StartMenu, LocationType 0 1 2
# Outside of towns
Explore = Not StartMenu, Not LocationType 0 1 2
# Dungeons have a playlist directory by default. Therefore you can convert the Soule music to .ogg format and copy them there.
# "Special" has tracks defined for events like player death and leveling up, which Daggerfall doesn't play music for.

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

I thank you kindly.
Although you did miss that the "Combat" condition directly equates to the "Battle" condition.
:D

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

Wow. I never messed with the "User Defined playlist" thing before.
I just made those directories (with music), copied your text into the UserDefined.txt and Blamo, away it went.
I'm just surprised it actually worked. Way too often I read ahead, skip a step, and mess things up.
For it to work right away surprised me.
After this experiment I discovered that the "Orchestral & Acoustic Remaster" fits Daggerfall better than the Jeremy Soule tracks. So back to the original playlist it goes.
I thank you for helping me out with all this.
Now all we need is to get a 12th century orchestra to remake the entire Daggerfall Play list.
Just kidding.
Thank you.