Mod Request: Skill leveling cooldown

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
TimeGuardian

Mod Request: Skill leveling cooldown

Post by TimeGuardian »

I did a quick search on the forums and didn't find something like this.

The idea is to have a slider to change the cooldown between skill levels so you can change the 6 hours waiting period.
I did a quick search and this seems to be where that cooldown is defined.

For someone like me who is not a modder this seems like an easy change to make but I might be wrong and I would be very grateful if someone could do this :D .

lamize88

Re: Mod Request: Skill leveling cooldown

Post by lamize88 »

block blast
TimeGuardian wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:06 pm I did a quick search on the forums and didn't find something like this.

The idea is to have a slider to change the cooldown between skill levels so you can change the 6 hours waiting period.
I did a quick search and this seems to be where that cooldown is defined.

For someone like me who is not a modder this seems like an easy change to make but I might be wrong and I would be very grateful if someone could do this :D .
If the cooldown is defined in a configuration file or an easily accessible script, adjusting it could be as simple as changing a value. However, if it's hardcoded into the game's source code or tied to other mechanics, it might require more in-depth modding skills.

canedidactic

Re: Mod Request: Skill leveling cooldown

Post by canedidactic »

lamize88 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:37 am If the cooldown is defined in a configuration file or an easily accessible script, adjusting it could be as simple as changing a value. However, if it's hardcoded into the game's source code or tied to other mechanics, it might require more in-depth modding skills. geometry dash world
Thank you for your advice. I think this is a great idea but not easy to implement.