VAST FORESTS & STREAMING TERRAIN

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
VMblast

Re: VAST FORESTS & STREAMING TERRAIN

Post by VMblast »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:Snow should also slow you down when you walk straight through it :) Maybe even travels and especially reckless travels during winter will actually take more time, as it's much harder to traverse the snow. But that's just my ideas for gameplay, they have nothing to do with voxel meshes :roll:
Yes, thats what exactly I was thinking when first testing it. I suddenly got urge to be slowed down when in -deep snow-. :lol:

One other thing, it is possible to add effect (similar in character -decals) like footsteps, but just be like you are leaving trail in the deep snow behind you.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

One other thing, it is possible to add effect (similar in character -decals) like footsteps, but just be like you are leaving trail in the deep snow behind you.
Yeah, great idea! Not even footsteps, something more like a trail. Footsteps are probably better for the thin snow areas where there is just a texture applied.

And the piles of snow don't even need any solid collision, just a slow down effect would do the trick. Though some collision detection is probably still needed to detect that you are inside the snow.

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:43 pm Yep! Winter time is one of the most beautiful features in Daggerfall, especially considering that the seasons actually change, unlike in later games. And such technology would be very handy! For both forests and snow piles alike...
I'm really late, but having the season changes feel more impactful would be great. Terrain changes would be a capital start to a season overhaul sort of mod.