Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
AlexanderSig

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by AlexanderSig »

Wall looks great! I think you should add some blue highlights to the other wall models to make it feel more consistent.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Indeed, the desert wall looks very good, but isn't that small rim going to break the climbing skill funcionality? Just asking...

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:Looks kinda cool, but I see two potential issues with it:
1) Right now, it sticks out too much from the rest of the wall. While I am certain that you can probably fix this, still something I wanted to point out.
2) It might be too cool for generic cities, especially since it would be used over and over again. If it was done only for the Sentinel and some other region capitals, I would understand, but it would stick out in smaller towns with walls.

I would probably go for some ornaments/decorations including painted ones, plus the doors can be more interesting than just simply wooden gates, but blue section seems a bit excessive. And no, not because it looks bad, just looks too good! :) And you know, too much good just leads to oversaturation.

I would consider things like this in the future, to be used for some unique locations, but not as generic city blocks. That's only my opinion, though.

I am off to check out the dungeon! :D
Hmm, I get your points. Well this is a though one. The problem is that you have to replace all walls or non, as I understand you cant have different walls for smaller towns and different for Sentinel for example. So it has to be all or non. Im for ether, thats why I posted this poll. Easiest for me (less work) is just to make everything made from limestone.

PS -You've mentioned different gate types for desert region, any inspirational references?

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

AlexanderSig wrote:Wall looks great! I think you should add some blue highlights to the other wall models to make it feel more consistent.
Yeah, Ive been testing that, but was not satisfied with results...well just from visual perspective. But than again it might be just me. :P

PS -For Fighters Guild model, Ive incorporated winter scheme as well, tho there was just default in the MOD :P

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

ifkopifko wrote:Indeed, the desert wall looks very good, but isn't that small rim going to break the climbing skill funcionality? Just asking...
Maybe. But that climbing feature Ive added is just temporary....for the fans, to have something to get up the walls, until skill set start to work. ;)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

VMblast wrote:
PS -For Fighters Guild model, Ive incorporated winter scheme as well, tho there was just default in the MOD :P
Is this one out yet ? :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Midknightprince wrote:
VMblast wrote:
Is this one out yet ? :D
I dont know. I mean Im not sure that AlexanderSig have incorporate it in the last mod, but Ive made them and packed them in the last FightersGuild zip

Midknightprince

VMblast wrote: I dont know. I mean Im not sure that AlexanderSig have incorporate it in the last mod, but Ive made them and packed them in the last FightersGuild zip
II'll be waiting for this one, good stuff dude.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@Midknightprince
Cheers ;)

Midknightprince

@VMblast
Cheers back buddy :)