Silly Mods

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Carlos Danger

Silly Mods

Post by Carlos Danger »

I'm extremely surprised that with all the modding that goes on there haven't been some silly mods. I know I might sound like I might be complaining, but I am not. At least now I can fiddle with trying to add a quest that only exists to give you a shirt, I'd call it "I beat the Mantella Crux and all I got was this lousy T-shirt". Since the aforementioned quest that sends you in there isn't in the game yet I might settle for one that activates upon completing Privateer's hold just for practice.
"But that's like, your opinion, man."

Jay_H

Re: Silly Mods

Post by Jay_H »

I can name one :)

Once everyone's run through our specialized creative fields, I'm certain people will start wandering through less serious territory in other fields. Of course, if anyone wants to suggest some joke quests for me to write, I'm happy to give them a shot since that's my area of experience :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

While not exactly mods, a couple of years ago I did some really silly stuff with DFTFU. You could do this and more with Daggerfall Unity's mod system today. At the time, I was using silliness to demo how flexible Daggerfall could be in the Unity engine.

I'm not proud of these but they were fun to make. :)

Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Well Jay give me a day in may and I'll be back to you sooner or later.

And as for Interkarma... why are you ashamed of fun? Isn't that why we're here?
"But that's like, your opinion, man."

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Carlos Danger wrote:And as for Interkarma... why are you ashamed of fun? Isn't that why we're here?
I'm not ashamed of anything I've done with this project and I genuinely had fun putting these together. I obviously enjoy stupid fun mods, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to make these or share them with you in this topic. Don't worry about my phrasing, I was gently mocking myself. It's possibly an Aussie thing. :)

Stalin Brando

Post by Stalin Brando »

I'd like to install a radio in my wagon.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@carlos danger
Get realgrass 2.0
It's got Tod howard for grass billboards if you dig the sillyness ;)
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm working on a quest with jokes, but it'll have to wait. It depends on the "pick one" quest action which right now is a bit buggy. But I've done all the groundwork so it should be functional once that's out of the way.

EDIT: Feel free to give it a shot! Download this: Google Drive link. Put it in your \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Quests folder, and then when you're in a town use the console command, "startquest JHJOKE". I ran it successfully once, but I don't know how far it'll go each time.