Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
mikeprichard

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by mikeprichard »

VMblast - first, amazing work. I'm impressed by all the talent and passion going into these mods; they really bring new life to the first CRPG I ever played.

I also have a favor to ask, following up on a question I posted in the forum a few weeks back. I understand that on the "Released Mods" page (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=456), this mod is linked in the list as the "Hand-painted Textures (VMblast)" mod, but it's also already included in the "Texture Replacement (Various Authors, Some Unknown)" mod started by AlexanderSig shown at the bottom of the list. If this is the case, to avoid confusion, could you please ask Interkarma to remove the first mod from the list, and perhaps add a note to the second mod crediting you as one of the authors? Cheers!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Mike wrote:I also have a favor to ask, following up on a question I posted in the forum a few weeks back. I understand that on the "Released Mods" page (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=456), this mod is linked in the list as the "Hand-painted Textures (VMblast)" mod, but it's also already included in the "Texture Replacement (Various Authors, Some Unknown)" mod started by AlexanderSig shown at the bottom of the list. If this is the case, to avoid confusion, could you please ask Interkarma to remove the first mod from the list, and perhaps add a note to the second mod crediting you as one of the authors? Cheers!
Yep, the confusion is that in the first official MOD under my credits are just hand painted texture that Ive did back in the April. But they can also be found inside AlexanderSig's MOD as he published it, as well my Building models (he asked me, so no worries).

I think its ok to have divided textures and buildings MOD for now. As for AlexanderSig's MOD crediting me...well, you have to ask him as well...I think he has publishing notes on his Topic in which he addressing my modeling work.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

OK, thanks for the explanation! I guess I'll just keep an offline note for myself about which mods have which stuff, as the Released Mods page isn't clear on that yet. Again, great work.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Hey, Vladimir!
About these gates, here are some visuals I've had in mind. I was thinking of keeping the block of the same material, but adding more ornaments to it, something like this:

I've also thought that the gates might look pretty good if they were decorated, kinda like this:

So, in the end, it would look unique, but wouldn't stick out quite as much as a block of blue bricks :) I think it would fit the overall style of Hammerfell as well.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ok, this one is not Daggerfall related, but if someone is interested, you can download my -reDoom DEMO- that Ive did few years back. Was just messing with some ideas. :P
Downlad link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... Wk0VUtpcXM

PS -(its for windows) for fullscreen, create desktop shortcut and in Target line after comas " add this -fullscreen

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

VMblast wrote:Ok, this one is not Daggerfall related, but if someone is interested, you can download my -reDoom DEMO- that Ive did few years back. Was just messing with some ideas. :P
Downlad link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... Wk0VUtpcXM

PS -(its for windows) for fullscreen, create desktop shortcut and in Target line after comas " add this -fullscreen

You may please show screenshots?

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@Biboran

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Interesting take on classic doom :D
But I think in this level of graphics it requre more than just replasing models and textures, I think

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

In the mean time Ive captured this video, for those who more like to watch videos. ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

YEAH!! Some day we're gonna have this wrapped up in a package, and people are never going to look at Daggerfall the same again! :D