Modern Interface

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
mikeprichard

Re: Modern Interface

Post by mikeprichard »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:Hey, Haz! I think that 16 items for merchants is also good, at least for the sake of consistency, so there is no huge difference between left and right part.
Totally agree. To my mind, there's absolutely no reason not to have 16 items available in the merchant screen too (as long as it's technically feasible).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well that's how it is currently, so yes definitely feasable. The item scrolling lists are now handled by a new component for all places it shows up, but I build a way to disable the enhanced 16 item mode for the component in case it's simply not appropriate somewhere. For example the item enchanter might be one - was just wondering if there were others. I'm happy to leave as is, as that seems to be the general consensus.

I could actually do with a screenshot from classic of the item enchanter to ensure the list component will work okay there, since I have no characters of such high level in Mages Guild and there (amazingly) seems to be none out there on the internets. Any other places item scrolling lists appear? Pretty sure there are no more, but I could be wrong.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hazelnut wrote:I could actually do with a screenshot from classic of the item enchanter to ensure the list component will work okay there, since I have no characters of such high level in Mages Guild and there (amazingly) seems to be none out there on the internets.
Now you do!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@Hazelnut
So much stuff in two days..
Thank you Haze :D
Attachments
New everything....AGAIN.jpg
New everything....AGAIN.jpg (571.02 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote:
Hazelnut wrote:I could actually do with a screenshot from classic of the item enchanter to ensure the list component will work okay there, since I have no characters of such high level in Mages Guild and there (amazingly) seems to be none out there on the internets.
Now you do!
Thanks Jay, wow that looks... unfinished actually. Think the DFU version will look better than that.
Midknightprince wrote:@Hazelnut
So much stuff in two days..
Thank you Haze :D
You're very welcome my enthusiastic friend! :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Dimillian

Post by Dimillian »

This is so awesome Has :D Totally the Qol Enhancements that make the game better while keeping the original feel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

BTW wasn't too clear... I meant there were no screenshots of the item echanter screen, I'm sure theres characters out there that I could have trawled through. Thanks to Jay I don't need to waste the time.

@Dimillian: glad you like it.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

If I may make a suggestion. Well, its something between @quasifex and @Hazelnut.

My reasoning for it was that the amount of personal bag space, so something that character can carry, is smaller than for instance wagon/ground/loot. So, to my logic it would be better to personal bag have fewer visible slots, than the wagon for example. Also I liked what @quasifex did with accessories, to have them switchable on/off. But offcourse, there is place for further improvement. ;)

PS -its just a simple and draft layout

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

My suggestion is make something like morrowind interface :lol:

Sun's Dawn

Post by Sun's Dawn »

I think the trinket slots should be scaled down and combined into one large box named “Jewellery”(?), where you freely can deck out your character, while the maximum number of items (12) stays the same. It makes more sense that you are able to wear, for example, 3 amulets, 5 rings and 4 bracelets instead of just two of each. It makes less sense to wear more than 2 bracers though, so maybe bracers should be moved to weapons and armor.