Daggerfall Demo

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Biboran

Re: Daggerfall Demo

Post by Biboran »

You guys do great work. I one of the people who want see something like fallout 2 restoration project - mod that contain and based on cut contet more than graphics mods.
You seen my thread of cut df content? But I think you know more about that topic than me.

Dr. Dingles

Post by Dr. Dingles »

I did see your thread, Biboran, which helped a little with the article recently (mainly tipping me off someone managed to find a way to extract the moon graphics and getting me to upload the cut spell descriptions). That said, the article itself does need a lot of work and anything that can find something the article is missing/inaccurate in would be appreciated.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

A while ago I added articles about both the v0.1 demo and the Betony demo to MobyGames:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/elder-scr ... mo-version
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/elder ... mo-version

Also I discovered that playing as a female character was possible in the November demo, as described here. Back then the October demo was yet undiscovered, and we speculated whether the hacked female was the same character as in the earlier version (turns out she wasn't).

Some more observations from the November demo are here in the same thread.
Jay_H wrote:In the city of Betony there's a ranch home included within the city walls, which is not in the final game; ranch houses are always found in rural locations, AFAIK.

I also found a stone hill with grass on top, similar to the kind found in the "Odd Blades" merchant block. It exists on its own, which I haven't found duplicated in classic.
That's interesting, I never knew this. The Betony city is devoid of any Palace, but apparently a rotating model of one is displayed in the ship purchase menu at the bank (although you can't buy a ship since this isn't a port town).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interesting, I thought you could buy a ship in any town - not that I ever got as far as that in Daggerfall myself. Thanks for pointing that out. Does make sense. Can you only board your ship from a seaport town I wonder? Will have to test that.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You can warp to your ship from any outdoor location, so there's no restriction there.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

In the Betony demo, all guild services are available once you join a guild, but Daedra summoning is disabled, and you get a message to this effect if you select this option with a summoner from either the Mages Guild or the city temple. However, one house in Betony city has an indoor coven with a warlock, something the developers must have overlooked, and if you have enough money you can summon Hircine. However as there are no Daedric quest files in the demo, it's just an empty screen with the summoning animation.

There are also two files of what appear to be noble quests, but there are no nobles you can interact with and get such quests. You can find Lord Kilbar in at least one farmhouse, but he/she either doesn't talk to you at all or doesn't give any quests when approached.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Haha, now that is interesting stuff :) They probably didn't count on people gathering 300,000+ gold just in the demo.