Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Luzur

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by Luzur »

Stalin Brando wrote:The difference between the graphics in this new version of Daggerfall and the old one is like night and day.

I don't think I've seen one side so outclassed since Charles XII's pitiful showing at the Battle of Poltova (where a weedy Swedey was no match for the Russians).
"Load the muskets"

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Does anyone else think it's weird that teleporters in Daggerfall are red brick walls? Maybe it's some occult reference I'm ignorant of, but I never liked it. So I replaced it with one of the walls from the final dungeon:

I also decided to replace the exit door, since having the little skull there was breaking immersion for me. This is a slight improvement for me.

Modding is fun for everyone! :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Jay_H wrote:

Modding is fun for everyone! :)

That is super cool !
I want this :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Very good, just unzip this into the Textures folder ;)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The teleport doors are red so they blend in with the ordinary red walls; the red walls that hit you with a damage spell; and the red walls that hit you with disintegrate. :)

Simple, really. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is all intended to be in good fun and not a criticism of the current inventory system. While testing the main quest I got a few magic items that would be impossible in classic. Since the magic item system isn't implemented yet, I wanted to relish some of what I got a little :D

A magic decanter. The Dark Brotherhood is picking up its poisoning game. My bet is that once the person's been dead for 24 hours, the body will rise and start eating people.

I like the design on this wine rack. It leaves me with some questions about function and form, but I'll go with it. (In classic wine racks can't even be picked up at all, so this is one I particularly enjoy having found :))

Enchanted Quaesto Vil. Normal stuff not enough for you? Try using the enchanted kind. It's gonna be a wild ride! :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Clever use of an unused portrait for the Lich's Soul quest. It's a lot more meaningful than a random Redguard face.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks! It does the same thing for any Person with an individual faction ID face. For example, in the bit where Nulfaga sends a vision to player, it uses her actual portrait instead of a random Breton pixel head. I only did it as an experiment and was immediately in love with it so left it that way.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Something awesome is being made here... was running thru Daggerfall at night and I just smiled all the time, this is gonna be big one day!
01.jpg
01.jpg (255.12 KiB) Viewed 3331 times

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@King of Worms
I can't decide on classic or enhanced sky. it's becoming quite the dilemma...
Check out my YouTube Channel!