Real grass

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: Real grass

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote:More great additions. Are there any future plans for this mod?
I intend to revisit all water plants and release a graphic update for version 2.1. It will take a while :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

TheLacus wrote: I intend to revisit all water plants and release a graphic update for version 2.1. It will take a while :)
Take your time, this one is still burning in 8-)
Check out my YouTube Channel!

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

I have been wondering... adjustable height of grass is very nice. However, I can not seem to find a good value. Tall grass in towns looks very weird, and short grass in the wilderness also is not the best choice. Would it be possible to have separate height settings for general terrain and city blocks?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

ifkopifko wrote:I have been wondering... adjustable height of grass is very nice. However, I can not seem to find a good value. Tall grass in towns looks very weird, and short grass in the wilderness also is not the best choice. Would it be possible to have separate height settings for general terrain and city blocks?
This would make even more visible the hard border between towns and streamingworld, not really found of the idea. My suggestion is to choose a relatively wide range while still keeping low values. The result is a varied grass, like you'd expect it to be if not maintained, but at the same time it doesn't clip too much in cities.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Will try it out, thanks. :-)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

TheLacus wrote:
ifkopifko wrote:I have been wondering... adjustable height of grass is very nice. However, I can not seem to find a good value. Tall grass in towns looks very weird, and short grass in the wilderness also is not the best choice. Would it be possible to have separate height settings for general terrain and city blocks?
This would make even more visible the hard border between towns and streamingworld, not really found of the idea. My suggestion is to choose a relatively wide range while still keeping low values. The result is a varied grass, like you'd expect it to be if not maintained, but at the same time it doesn't clip too much in cities.
Unless you blend average grass height between both heights for let's say one rmb block

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:
Add alchemy like in later tes games with pick flowers and stuff?
Why not? You can literally pick up flowers from dead bodies in original game, like roses, for example, so why not give players an ability to pick up flowers in the wild? There is nothing in the wilds right now, but it would give at least one reason to walk around in the woods. And for people who don't like doing it, there will always be shops and dungeons/enemies to get the same ingredients from.

This is probably outside the scope of this particular mode, but similar algorithms can be applied to spread harvestable plants around.
I believe farms are the best place to start something like this. I'm not making any promise but if i decide to look into this, do some of you have some pratical suggestions like a list of existing ingredients which make sense to harvest from a salad etc?

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Are the crops gonna be a separate option in the menu like the water plants and flowers? They look phenomenal, but i am partial to the old-school flats.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Yes, they're optional ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

removed