Real grass

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
User avatar
Interkarma
Posts: 2960
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Real grass

Post by Interkarma » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 am

Your harvesting looks incredible, TheLacus! It's hard not to get carried away with ideas of mobile potions, poisons, cooking, distilling, pacifistic gathering quests, and so on. So much could be done with this at the core of it all. :)

User avatar
Sun's Dawn
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Real grass

Post by Sun's Dawn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes, great feature TheLacus!

This may be off topic, although it relates to foraging, but making all the shelves and crates in dungeons and towns searchable would also be a nice feature. (Maybe this should be discussed in another tread.)

User avatar
StarMadeKnight
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:09 am

Re: Real grass

Post by StarMadeKnight » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?

User avatar
AlexanderSig
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Real grass

Post by AlexanderSig » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 pm

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?
I'd like that :)

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Real grass

Post by TheLacus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?
Isn't this part of vanilla behaviour? I'm not sure what you already could do in original game. Anyway i agree, expanding support for shelves and crates seems a nice feature.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 1306
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Real grass

Post by Jay_H » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I believe that refers to shelves in dungeons and in houses, which in classic have no interaction.
**INDEFINITE HIATUS** Check out the Daggerfall Unity mod page on ModDB.

User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Real grass

Post by Hazelnut » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)

User avatar
Nystul
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Real grass

Post by Nystul » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm

house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho

User avatar
Sun's Dawn
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Real grass

Post by Sun's Dawn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

Hazelnut wrote:I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)
If there is a rare chance to find valuable items, there would be a reason to search them, while not changing the game balance to much. So, most often you would find stuff like ingredients, but on rare occasions you could by chance find better stuff.
Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough. dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
Agreed.

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Real grass

Post by TheLacus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
This sound reasonable, nice idea.

I'll release a first version in the next few days, then i'll give AlexanderSig an adapted script for shelves.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

Post Reply