Dust of Restful Death

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Dust of Restful Death

Post by Interkarma »

The main quest is almost fully playable in Daggerfall Unity. This brief video shows a fast playthrough of Lysandus' Tomb to apply the Dust of Restful Death and learn why he desires Vengeance.

Jay_H

Re: Dust of Restful Death

Post by Jay_H »

While I am amazed, my amazement comes from the following two factors:

15%, the video plays properly upon click and the coffin is a valid quest object.

85%, someone actually navigated Lysandus' Tomb without a walkthrough :lol:

It's almost there! I have no idea what spell system development will look like, but I hope there'll be development footage like this along the way in some form.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: 15%, the video plays properly upon click and the coffin is a valid quest object.
This was an interesting one. The coffin has action type #31 (previously unknown) which triggers a global variable in the quest system. The Sx022 quest basically sits and waits for LysandusSatisfied (globalvar #43) to be enabled by coffin click - then triggers the video, starts followup Sx015, and ends quest.
Jay_H wrote: 85%, someone actually navigated Lysandus' Tomb without a walkthrough :lol:
I needed a playthrough the first time back in years, but after a few runs testing out action records and a few other things, I almost had it down pat by the end. That dungeon is a massive one for sure.
Jay_H wrote: It's almost there! I have no idea what spell system development will look like, but I hope there'll be development footage like this along the way in some form.
I plan to have a lot of fun with the spell system. I like to scale things up until they break (which often confuses people because they're seeing me test stuff and don't remember it from the game). I have some mad plans for spell testing that will make a few good videos for sure. :)

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

I'm not going to see the video due to spoilers (I did do these things back in the 90s, but enough time has passed that my memories are very vague, so I plan to experience the main quest as if it were new) but it's amazing that it is already almost fully playable. The progress this year has been unbelievable! I wish I had more time for contributing, as my contributions have been insignificant. Congratulations, respect and hat tip to Interkarma and everyone else who is pushing the project forward.