NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: NPC Flats - Waifu upscaling

Post by Midknightprince »

I just ran into that old lady in Dragontal mts.
At a temple town west of scourg barrow, so I know where to look when yours desecrates my game :D
Shes usually at inns too.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

King of Worms wrote:
Midknightprince wrote:I actually like watching that wakfu stuff.
Its relaxing stuff man.
Maybe its just watching someone else work :lol:
Cool music too
Thanks :) Yes its relaxing. I do it and listen to that music... I found some really GOOOD music which is royalty free and would fit Daggerfall a LOT. We should expand the sound score of the game. This on the vid is not waifu but it doesnt matter :) Its XBR4x two times but who cares. Waifu turned out to be non practical. Its for different style. Like the menu etc.

Btw, feels like we are the only ppl on a whole forum these days :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last mohycans ;)
Ahh its Christmas season, people are probably shopping.

I need free music for my Daggerfall MQ movie I'm makin.
How much like DF does it sound ?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ök good you found her, Ima desacrate soon!
Yes, christmass... free time... lots of desacrating!!
Heres dagg music orchestrated by Hew Wagner, best, we need that ingame as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-UcfAVJFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PqnwqmA-m4

And the playlists, you will find good music there, all free, some trax sound very daggerfall like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPyNe6 ... M0J7R_Wx9K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qFw0a ... XK-b0NMcdQ

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It still fascinates me what the right method of upscaling can do. This is the remade NPC flat by Epicurius, looks great on its own
182_1-0.png
182_1-0.png (543.3 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
but than run it thru waifu... its just pops! Download both, open in windows photo viewer and maximize, than click left and right and compare. The waifu stuff is just clean and sharp and in focus. :ugeek:
182_1-0(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x5.000000).png
182_1-0(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x5.000000).png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 3248 times

Midknightprince

That last one is a little too sharp for me :o
I'm gonna go check out those links you posted.
I feel like listening to some music...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lets see how it looks ingame 1st .)

Anyway, Ive spend unholy amounts of time doing Char backgrounds (2 days :ugeek: ) Dark elf theme is by Phobos A in Deviant Art (here his name is Arl maybe?). I just used the same filter on his works as on the rest of mine...

Took me a "while" to find - edit fitting backgrounds so the characters look good in them and its lore friendly as well. Its a trial error retry type of thing. At the end, I found out that it will be a good idea to use some concept arts or loading screens by Bethesda, and cut out the parts I want.

---------------- ARGONIAN - OK -------------- WOOD ELF - A ------------------------------ REDGUARD - OK ----------------------- DARK ELF - OK
4 chars.jpg
4 chars.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3199 times
Now it gets tricky...
Which Wood Elf themes u preffer? A, B, C, or D?
Is the Breton theme ok?

Wood elf B is classic - cant go wrong with that one, right? I like em all tho, but option D might be the worse of them...

-------------------------- WOOD ELF - B ----------------------------------- WOOD ELF - C ------------------------------------------- NORD - A
023.jpg
023.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 3164 times
-------------WOOD ELF - D --------------- KHAJIT - OK ------------- BRETON - OK? ------------------- NORD - B --------------- HIGH ELF - OK
test.jpg
test.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3162 times
:arrow: OPINIONS PLEASE :roll:

Midknightprince

Nice !
Well if I had to pick, wood elf B, or D (but leaning towards B).
I like the different colors, and I think they all need a little green, and brown.

So the Khajiit, and both Nord ones need trees, or mountains, and I get it's probably sunset for the Khajiit, but maybe trunks of trees (brown), and bushes leaves, and vines (green), maybe some ruins, and some sunrays (they live in a jungle is what I'm thinking).

For the nords, maybe mountains, but with trees and stuff.
Give it color, maybe a torch is lighting the foreground with cloudy snow capped mountains in the background, but darker - fading off into the distance on the left, maybe ruins as well (they all need some kinda ruins IMO but thats just me :lol: )

I just think trees, green. some dark blues, maybe firelight give it more color, and you can do alot with the background on the left side of each picture like with the wood elves.
The one color background just doesn't do it for me, but they do look better that vanilla :D

I think I like the Breton the best.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

haha thanks for opinion, I agree with Wood elf B.. but man, Im not gonna spend next month on this. This is it lol, this took two whole days. And yes, they have colored themes, Khajit live in elsweyr and that goes from mountains, harsh rocky sands to beautiful beaches. God damn yes it looks better than vanilla in all manners, because vanilla sucks art wise and quality wise :P Thanks ;) For me it was important that each character fits in the picture and that was so fucking hard to acomplish. Not gonna change shit in it TBH :D

Too bad my upscaled bodies and weapons and clothing does not appear ingame... yet... I hope.

Midknightprince

Right on man, just my opinion.
The Khajitti one actually does look pretty cool.
I usually play a nord anyways tho so I'm hooked.
Or gonna be :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Midknightprince wrote:Right on man, just my opinion.
The Khajitti one actually does look pretty cool.
I usually play a nord anyways tho so I'm hooked.
Or gonna be :D
thanks man, maybe if you find some good pictures which might work, send me some links or files, I can try..

Anyway, Im still in the inventory system, doing some icons.. at least those which are working now
Againg, this takes a lot of time, because you need to try lots of variants, sizes, colours etc :X These look quite ok so far IMO
I made some others as well but I cant find those ingame now
inventory icons.jpg
inventory icons.jpg (435.83 KiB) Viewed 3006 times