My UI up-scaling project.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Arl

Re: My UI up-scaling project.

Post by Arl »

TheLacus wrote:Great work Arl :)
Note there are two files with the world map, MAP100I0.IMG and TMAP00I0.IMG.
By world map I mean TRAV0I00.IMG, the map where you see the illiac bay and choose points to travel to. I know that MAP100I0.IMG is used for selecting your character race according to the selected province, that seems to work fine.

Do you know where is TMAP00I0.IMG being used? or if is it even used in game at all?
Nystul wrote:
TheLacus wrote:@arl: btw, image TOWN00I0.IMG is also used in exterior automap view
Thank you, I will be adding that and the perspective grid buttom, and also the "Exit" word that is missing! :lol:, I also see that the background may be too dark, I'll try a brighter one on the next release.

I have to say that if it wasn't for you guys this would never see the light of day, I will give your rightful place in the credits, since I'm making the images but you are the ones who are actually implementing them, thank you again!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul wrote: What worked for me (talkwindow and automap) was to compute everything (rects, buttons, layout in general) in a virtual 320x200 resolution and just use textures as BackgroundTexture for panels and buttons ;)
That's a clever solution :)
Arl wrote: By world map I mean TRAV0I00.IMG, the map where you see the illiac bay and choose points to travel to. I know that MAP100I0.IMG is used for selecting your character race according to the selected province, that seems to work fine.

Do you know where is TMAP00I0.IMG being used? or if is it even used in game at all?
Ah, TMAP00I0 is what is used in CreateCharRaceSelect while i don't see MAP00I0 anywhere in code. Maybe it was originally intended for the travel map and then left in the files.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Alright, here's the second batch:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gualrhrr ... _Batch.rar

This includes:

-Revised versions of local map (with brighter background) and info character.
-Guilds/Shops/Tavers and perspective panels of the local map.
-Foot/Horse/cart/Ship panel (because of the scaling issue it looks greater than the whole screen).
-Inventory (problems with the scale of the masked areas).

TheLacus wrote:
Arl wrote: By world map I mean TRAV0I00.IMG, the map where you see the illiac bay and choose points to travel to. I know that MAP100I0.IMG is used for selecting your character race according to the selected province, that seems to work fine.

Ah, TMAP00I0 is what is used in CreateCharRaceSelect while i don't see MAP00I0 anywhere in code. Maybe it was originally intended for the travel map and then left in the files.

I see. This seems likely yes, since Daggerfall already has lots of leftover graphics.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Awesome work! Great to see you working on this again :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

TheLacus wrote:Great work Arl :)
Note there are two files with the world map, MAP100I0.IMG and TMAP00I0.IMG.

About the scaling issue, this happens because image resolution is used to define the rect on screen, so different resolutions have different results. I fixed some of them as i met this issue but maybe is better to use a more systematic approach since almost all Ui images are affected.

An idea can be to replace all texture2d in affected components with a light version of ImageData which contains texture2d as well as width and height as read from original asset. The alternative is to just hardcode all correct values.
Sincethe inventory scaling issues are still here Id like to know how to "replace all texture2d in affected components with a light version of ImageData which contains texture2d as well as width and height as read from original asset" or how to "hardcode all correct values" Its sad we cant use those fantastic backgrounds yet ;) Is there anything I can do, in terms of providing the info of what doesnt work etc?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi. If you find other issues in addition to what reported by Arl, feel free to report it, if you can tell image name and where you can see it it would surely be helpful :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

SUMARIZATION OF INCORECT "IMG" SCALING I FOUND:
- CHAR02I1.IMG - character creation menu, its the "up and down" arrow to add/detract the main skills like STR AGI

- CHAR05I1.IMG - this appears in setting up the reflexes speed in char creation when you select a option like high/avarage

- all nine SCBG00I0.IMG to SCBG08I0.IMG characters backgrounds are misaligned by few pixels, more precisely
they need to be few pixels bigger in width - it seems to me like its missing ONE PIXEL VERTICAL COLUMN in a 320*200 resolution
01.jpg
01.jpg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
or u can see the problem here, left column is missing and u cän see blue colour beneath https://i.imgur.com/RfnflTR.png

- "Inventory (problems with the scale of the masked areas)."
INVE00I0.IMG
INVE01I0.IMG
INVE02I0.IMG
INVE05I0.IMG

- "Foot/Horse/cart/Ship panel (scaling issues)"
MOVE00I0.IMG
MOVE01I0.IMG

-World Map (doesn't work in game) - TRAV0I00.IMG and maybe TRAV0I01.IMG
-Local Map (doesn't work in game) - 51 screens called FMAPxxxx.IMG

- Option panel / control config - CNFG00I0.IMG

- All 32 BODY IMAGES (BODY00I0.IMG .........)
when upscaled they appear just like a few horizontal lines ingame

SUMARIZATION OF INCORECT "TEXTURE" BEHAVIOR I FOUND:

Weapons:
Archives 233 and 234 - does not appear ingame

Clothing:
Eight Archives (235 to 242) - does not appear ingame

Armor:
Eight Archives (245 to 252) - does not appear ingame

Ingredients:
Archive 254 - does not appear ingame

SUMARIZATION OF INCORECT "CIF" BEHAVIOR I FOUND:
Faces do not appear in game. Thats 16 archives 8 male 8 female. Named FACExxxx.cif
That is - if they should be placed in streaming assets in a CIF subdirectory and named for example "FACE02I0_3-0.CIF" (while actually being PNG like the rest of the files)

PLUS WE NEED THAT SUPER-ATLAS OF MISC DIVIDED IN STANDARD ATLASES LIKE THE REST OF THE GAME
and that last script :) its in your PM...

Thats it for now
Thank You, KoW ;)

PS: This whole thread should be moved into the Creators Corner as requested by the thread poster ARL

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thank you for your detailed answer, i moved you post here so we don't remove the focus on Arl art on this one. I remember atlas and script ;)

Arl

Post by Arl »

I've been working in more panels (join guild/talk/banking/etc, and the bank menu) and I'm happy to see that some images are now being replaced as expected once I drop my pngs, now the whole character creation looks fine, as well as the local map.

I just found in this new iteration of my replacement that the tavern's menu has the "whole screen" scale problem, the IMG in question is TVRN00I0.

The only still persistent issue I could say is that SPOP still don't scale correctly and TRAV0I00 still don't get replaced, other than that your replacement framework is a hit TheLacus, thank you!

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

Please, if you can check my topic:

Textures: Upscaling problem / Not used

You can help me to complete the list I have made, and it might be useful for you.
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.