Daggerfall Remaster w/future builds

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Re: Daggerfall Remaster w/future builds

Post by King of Worms » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Found 2 more err msgs. 2nd one is for a texture 002_6-0.png but the same msg goes for every texture I tryed to include in the pack.

"Assets/Scripts/Game/MagicAndEffects/EntityEffectManager.cs(67,15): warning CS0414: The private field `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.MagicAndEffects.EntityEffectManager.combinedResistanceMods' is assigned but its value is never used"

"Unrecognized assets cannot be included in AssetBundles: "Assets/StreamingAssets/Textures/002_6-0.png".
UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, AssetBundleBuild[], BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:BuildMod() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:532)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:<OnGUI>m__5() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:343)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper:Horizontal(VoidDelegate) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:55)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:332)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

EDIT:
Video of what Im trying to do... sorry for noobiness

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:56 pm

1. Move the files out of StreamingAssets. This folder is for real-time import, so they are not imported in editor. Place them somewhere like Game/Addons/MyMod/Textures or organize them like you want.
2. You have not installed support for mac and linux so you can only build for windows. You should find the option if you run again the installer.
King of Worms wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 pm
"you need to create materials for non-billboard textures" - is this needed for a dfmod to be built? I dont use any normal maps etc in my mod? We talking creation of 100s+ or even 1000s of files here ;)
Yes, this is important because it defines how the texture appears. Infact the same options can also be set with an xml from loose files, but working with materials is more comfortable because you have a live preview on the bottom of the inspector. If you give it a try i'm sure you will consider it an awesome feature ;)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks mate, I moved the textures to other folder and started to build a mod from it. But I guess the amount of textures is just too much for my PC to handle. When I add the files, the mod window gets so slow, like 1 frame in 20 seconds. And when it was building, it crashed :)

Also, my mod has more folders... I hoped I will be able to pack it all in one mod. But if I can just add the files, and not the folders, I dont know how to do that... besides the loose textures, there are CifRci and Img folders as well...

Im leaving for 3 weeks, I will try that when I get back to my PC. In the meantime, I uploaded the v3.0... its in a creators corner now. So... if you or anyone else have a mood for some DFMODding ( :lol: ) than please, download the files and try to make a DFmod from it. It will be appreciated (And even more so if you upload the package somewhere and place the link to the Daggerfall Remaster 3,0 thread.

Unfortunatelly, Im out of time for a while... so only solution I was able to come up with is this :oops:

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm
Also, my mod has more folders... I hoped I will be able to pack it all in one mod. But if I can just add the files, and not the folders, I dont know how to do that... besides the loose textures, there are CifRci and Img folders as well...
This is not an issue, just select more files and add them. The mod builder generate a file with a list of assets so you can rebuild a mod without selecting everything again.

My suggestion is to make at least 3 bundles: materials, billboards, images. This is also the best option for mod users which can choose to install all of them or only the part(s) the're interested in. This is not the same as loose files where you can pick individual textures but is however a good balance between ease of use and customization.
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.