[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Jagget

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:59 am it should be possible using a combination of a custom BOK file in the old format to inject book ID into game, then a translated -LOC file to pick up the translated text. I never tested that process though
And it works as expected!! WOO-HOO!!
Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:59 am As for the future, my self-imposed deadline for DFU was the end of October. I'm unfortunately a bit past that already. Those final few screens and anything else will need to wait until after 1.0. I'm aiming for maybe one more RC release, and the only changes I plan on making before then will be fixing any game-breaking bugs.
Well... Life is what it is and nothing else :lol:
I hope to see that translated in DFU v1.0.1 :D
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:59 am I'm aiming for maybe one more RC release, and the only changes I plan on making before then will be fixing any game-breaking bugs.
Can we please include a couple more fixes?
First, if I use "%g2" macro, I can add "?" or "." after it and it's fine. The same with "%di" macro. But now I need %diе (е - is not English, it's Russian letter). I need it because direction might be (на юг) or (на юге), so I decided to move (е) to the texts. But now macro doesn't work.

Second. When I ask about the nearest service that is in another city, that city comes out untranslated. In bare English :)
Attachments
%diе macro is broken
%diе macro is broken
Screenshot 2023-11-28 002738.png (52.3 KiB) Viewed 4195 times
another city comes out untranslated
another city comes out untranslated
Screenshot 2023-11-28 002654.png (520.34 KiB) Viewed 4195 times

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Jagget wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:37 am
Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:59 am I'm aiming for maybe one more RC release, and the only changes I plan on making before then will be fixing any game-breaking bugs.
Can we please include a couple more fixes?
First, if I use "%g2" macro, I can add "?" or "." after it and it's fine. The same with "%di" macro. But now I need %diе (е - is not English, it's Russian letter). I need it because direction might be (на юг) or (на юге), so I decided to move (е) to the texts. But now macro doesn't work.
This doesn't work, as DF thinks, this is another undefined variable. We have in German the same issue (in Classic) and I did it with ' , so try "%di'e" - this ' is not recognised as a variable but the space between is short enough to let it look like this fits together. I haven't tried this for DFUnity yet, but probably it works the same.

Regarding the second, it seems you have not translated Internal_Locations.CSV yet, as both are locations from there. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Deepfighter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:29 am This doesn't work, as DF thinks, this is another undefined variable. We have in German the same issue (in Classic) and I did it with ' , so try "%di'e" - this ' is not recognised as a variable but the space between is short enough to let it look like this fits together. I haven't tried this for DFUnity yet, but probably it works the same.

Regarding the second, it seems you have not translated Internal_Locations.CSV yet, as both are locations from there. :)
1) Internal_Locations.CSV I translated all through and through. But this exact question comes untranslated.

2) "%di'e" - it's a good idea, but doesn't look good in the game, honestly (mostly because we don't use this symbol in texts in our language). I'd prefer some terminator for macroses that would be "eaten", you know. So that we can append text to marcos in quests or in Internal_RSC.csv. Like

"%di|123" would be checked out as "north123".
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-28 075101.png
Screenshot 2023-11-28 075101.png (41.73 KiB) Viewed 4153 times

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

But this exact question comes untranslated.
True! Same in French: the name is translated in the question but not in the answer.
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity_2023-11-28_16-20-13.png
DaggerfallUnity_2023-11-28_16-20-13.png (50.69 KiB) Viewed 4136 times
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.
French translator for many Warband mods and Bannerlord.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

I'll just sum up what I said.

1) Can we add the disappearing macro terminator? (I even have a suggestion on screenshot, not sure if it'll work)
So then "%di|123" would be checked out as "north123", so we can add postfixes in texts and quests.

2) Can we, please, localize %fcn macro?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-29 093505.png
Screenshot 2023-11-29 093505.png (24.53 KiB) Viewed 4102 times

pango

Post by pango »

Jagget wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:45 pm 1) Can we add the disappearing macro terminator? (I even have a suggestion on screenshot, not sure if it'll work)
So then "%di|123" would be checked out as "north123", so we can add postfixes in texts and quests.
It won't work, terminators are not part of the parsed macro name. What could work is, after macro processing, check if processing needs to proceed from endPos or endPos+1. Something like (untested)

Code: Select all

// Iterate from macro end
currentPos = endPos;
if (currentPos < tokenText.Length && tokenText[currentPos] == '|')
  currentPos++;
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

pango wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:11 pm It won't work, terminators are not part of the parsed macro name. What could work is, after macro processing, check if processing needs to proceed from endPos or endPos+1. Something like (untested)

Code: Select all

// Iterate from macro end
currentPos = endPos;
if (currentPos < tokenText.Length && tokenText[currentPos] == '|')
  currentPos++;
Thanks! Appreciate the correction! :D

Anyway, I think that postfixes are something that any translator could benefit from!

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Hello! Found one more place that is not translated, and wanted to check first, is it only me, or not.

So, in Daggerfall, in Kynareth temple, when you donate 1 gold, the name of the god is not translated. Is this the same for you?

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

There's no reason that it would not be the same in other languages, but we cannot see because, in French for example, we kept the name "Kynareth" unchanged.

In fact the Russian translation is perfect to discover the last non localized strings because, due to the Cyrillic characters you use, non localized strings that are displayed in Latin characters are seen easily. :)
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.
French translator for many Warband mods and Bannerlord.