[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Interkarma

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Interkarma »

I built 0.16.2 last weekend and it's in testing now. I'll roll in these changes and if all goes well, I'll release this coming weekend. :)

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:29 am I built 0.16.2 last weekend and it's in testing now. I'll roll in these changes and if all goes well, I'll release this coming weekend. :)
Awesome!

Can we also fix and add to 0.16.2 this one Assets\Scripts\Game\UserInterfaceWindows\DaggerfallUnitySaveGameWindow.cs line 369?
This text {0} for '{1}' will be shown as "Загрузить игру for Игрок"
I'd like to be able to translate that too :/
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Another day, another hardcoded string that I missed. Fixed now. :)

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:42 am To recap, %g3="his/her" and %g4="his/hers".
Just to wonder a little if there any ETA on that?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey :) I've been very busy and 0.16.2 isn't finished testing yet. I hope to have release ready in the very near future (days not weeks).

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 am Hey :) I've been very busy and 0.16.2 isn't finished testing yet. I hope to have release ready in the very near future (days not weeks).
Yes, of course, days. :lol:

Meanwhile, I have one more question. How can I add custom localized books?
I tried to add them in "DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Books" but they must be in some fancy format, so it didn't work with plain TXT files.
I also tried to add them in "DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Text\Books" but the game seems to ignore them, because they are not named as BOK*-LOC.txt

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's a lovely rainy Saturday morning here, and I'm finalising 0.16.2 release today. It will be up shortly on Releases page below.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/releases

For the books, you should be translating the .txt files in StreamingAssets/Text/Books. Don't worry about any other book formats. Scroll down to "Books" section in the overview I wrote for blog for some more details.

Let me know how you go. :)

https://www.dfworkshop.net/translating- ... all-unity/

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:17 pm It's a lovely rainy Saturday morning here, and I'm finalising 0.16.2 release today. It will be up shortly on Releases page below.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Interkarma wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:17 pm For the books, you should be translating the .txt files in StreamingAssets/Text/Books. Don't worry about any other book formats. Scroll down to "Books" section in the overview I wrote for blog for some more details.

Let me know how you go. :)
No matter what I do, I don't see custom books in the game.
I created 120 dummy books in StreamingAssets\Text\Books:
BOOK001.txt
BOOK002.txt
BOOK120.txt

With the same tags inside, and content like in any other BOK*****-LOC.txt book. But They just don't appear in game.

The link you gave me talk only about translating book, I'm asking about adding new one.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Meanwhile, I found 3 more places that I'd like to translate:
  • WelcomeScreen.txt
  • SetupSummary.txt
  • SaveLoadManager
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-24 193733.png
Screenshot 2023-11-24 193733.png (100.25 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Screenshot 2023-11-24 193609.png
Screenshot 2023-11-24 193609.png (244.65 KiB) Viewed 2155 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, I see. Adding new books falls more into modding territory. I'm sorry there's not a clearer path to this, but it should be possible using a combination of a custom BOK file in the old format to inject book ID into game, then a translated -LOC file to pick up the translated text. I never tested that process though, just being able to translate the in-game books was my main goal.

As for the future, my self-imposed deadline for DFU was the end of October. I'm unfortunately a bit past that already. Those final few screens and anything else will need to wait until after 1.0. I'm aiming for maybe one more RC release, and the only changes I plan on making before then will be fixing any game-breaking bugs.