[DFUnity] Russian translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Interkarma

Re: [DFUnity] Russian translation

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, you meant the text on the button itself, not the random mechanism. :lol: Not to worry, I'll have a look at that today.

Edit: Fixed.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jagget wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:43 pm I'm really sorry to post so much :? , but I keep finding new stuff :shock: . Potion Recipe is only partially translated, and its ingredients for some reason are in English

Thank you. This part of code was still using unlocalized item names for ingredients. I've fixed that now.

recipe.jpg
recipe.jpg (30.41 KiB) Viewed 633 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Amazing work, sir! Thank you for 0.16.1!

How can I add default settings into the game folder? I want to make a ready-to-play copy with all things included. I already found a way of adding original game files into the DFU folder, so they don't need to download and run a startup wizard, now I want to make some settings different by default. Can I do that?
Daggerfall Russian Translation

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers! :)

I haven't put in any provisions to deploy a default settings payload. But if you're packaging with an install automation program (e.g. Advanced Installer and the like), you should be able to script it to deploy a default settings.ini file into user's persistent data (e.g. "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity" on Windows).

Something I should flag is the legality of creating a fully standalone version of DFU containing bundled gamedata is rather grey. That's why I haven't gone very far in that direction.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:27 am Something I should flag is the legality of creating a fully standalone version of DFU containing bundled gamedata is rather grey. That's why I haven't gone very far in that direction.
Yes, that will be just handed over once to the single person and not published anywhere. Well, if there's no way then there's no way.

Anyway... I did something wrong with GameSettings.txt

Code: Select all

TextManager unable to parse text database table /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets\Text\GameSettings.txt with exception message Row on line 73 does not match schema. "vitalsIndicatorsInfo,                               "Показывать индикаторы на полосках жизненных показателей, которые отображают изменения в жизненных показателях"" 
And this is how this row looks like:

vitalsIndicatorsInfo,                               "Показывать индикаторы на полосках жизненных показателей, которые отображают изменения в жизненных показателях"
What's wrong with this? I can't use commas, and I can't use commas inside quotes.

P.S. The bad thing is, I have to use commas.
Another thing is: if I messed up only 1 line, I'm losing the whole file, then the whole screen is full of "TextNotFound"
Last edited by Jagget on Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

NameGen works like a charm, except maybe Nords.

This "-sen" is not in the NameGen.txt
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity_K5yNzYFY1x.png
DaggerfallUnity_K5yNzYFY1x.png (20.03 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Jagget

Post by Jagget »

Cannot translate this Controller Settings window.
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity_tq8HI4JLvq.png
DaggerfallUnity_tq8HI4JLvq.png (109.2 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jagget wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:58 am What's wrong with this? I can't use commas, and I can't use commas inside quotes.
These older style text datatables are finnicky. To use quotes around the text, you'll need to inform the table it's a string literal by adding a $ prefix to that column in schema. Here are two example to try and explain.

schema: *key,text

keyName, we cannot use commas here

schema: *key,$text

keyName, "now we can use commas in text, but every row must be wrapped in double quotes like this"
I know it's a pain, I'm sorry. Some of these text systems go back several years before localization was remotely a thing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jagget wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:33 am NameGen works like a charm, except maybe Nords.

This "-sen" is not in the NameGen.txt
Hrm, how very odd. I thought the random name was using the same name generator. I'll need to dig into that to see how that happens. At least the player can manually fix random name during character creation.

Edit: Got it, that part is hardcoded for the Nord string pattern. This will have to be added somewhere else, as it's not part of namebank. Thanks for letting me know.

return stringA + stringB + "sen";
Edit2: This "sen" can be localized from 0.16.2. As this was a hardcoded string, it can be found in Internal_Strings with key "nordSurnameImmutableSuffix".

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jagget wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:37 am Cannot translate this Controller Settings window.
I'm sorry about that. This advanced controls page was created by another contributor, and I need to rebuild it to support localization. I've reworked most UIs to support localization, but a combination of bad timing and bad memory meant that one was missed. :)