Quest Editor

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Editor

Post by Jay_H »

Good, thanks for the mention! I'll have to take a look at that myself.

adamatom

Post by adamatom »

Trying to get used to using this amazing tool. How do you go about displaying the line underneath an error that is causing a quest not to start? I have everything highlighted in the correct colours, but I don't know how to use this feature. When I click Run>Debug I get the error message "You don't have an extension for debugging DFTemplate"
Attachments
3.png
3.png (121.82 KiB) Viewed 3822 times

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

I'm not sure if that function will work, I just try the quest in game to test. Two things I would say:

On my editor all the white words between line 199-215 are brown, so I wonder if it's setup fully, Also the enemy expansion monsters have the red underscore as the editor doesn't recognise them as correct.

Secondly, as to why the quest fails to start, in my experiance it could be for many reasons that are not always obvious. The first thing I would do is replace Snow_Wolf with Wolf (on line 203) and test it, I had trouble with geting some of the ememy expansion monsters to work. In fact, since I didn't use snow wolves at the 'Fortress of Ice' it is probable that I couldn't get them to work.
Other than that the other problem could be the province your in does not contain the dungeon type set, that would cause the quest to fail to start. However there could be another error lowerdown that won't appear as an error that will cause the quest to fail.