On intro video

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Al-Khwarizmi

Re: On intro video

Post by Al-Khwarizmi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 am

rhymer wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 pm
Oh my!!! I made these textures 8 years ago and never noticed that! Well, I've never read it actually. The bad news is that it took me several months to render the sequence on my PC, so I have no intentions to rerender even that little part which could take almost a week. Let's consider that an easter egg instead.
You mean months of human work of CPU time? Is the program you use to render freely available? If it's just a matter of machine and there's a way that I (with no video skills, I'm afraid) can run the rendering process with some instructions, I could contribute the CPU time.

Fiore1300

Re: On intro video

Post by Fiore1300 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 pm

rhymer wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 pm
Oh my!!! I made these textures 8 years ago and never noticed that! Well, I've never read it actually. The bad news is that it took me several months to render the sequence on my PC, so I have no intentions to rerender even that little part which could take almost a week. Let's consider that an easter egg instead.
Yikes. That is a lot of computer work hours.

I actually came down here to comment that the page with the archer (at 0:22) actually repeats the text from the previous page, and that the last page also repeats the text from the previous page from (0:29). I also saw the two paragraphs from the TIL website at the end talking about the Pocket Guide that don't fit the rest of the text, which have already been mentioned.

I know this is all just text filler, and people won't be able to pause the video like I did every couple of seconds to read the the text (I was curious ;) ) so I don't think this is at all important enough to re-render for details that most won't even notice.

Great re-created intro video though. I had never seen it before. Quite the pleasant surprise, as I had been wondering if someone would take up the mantle. Good work!