KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by XJDHDR »

King of Worms wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:58 am This will push Daggerfall much higher in the ladder of the games on Nexus soon I hope :)
I would like to agree with you, but I'm pretty sure this is just temporary hype from the Steam release. I'm almost certain that by the end of the month, the download numbers will have dropped to only a bit higher than before.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

True - it was just a short burst of attention, but it already pushed us from 1,0 to 1,2m downloads in that week :) We celebrated 1 mil very recently, so thats quite a move. I also believe when we officially go to v1.0 and a full release, it will get some more traction, hopefully some reviews etc. I remembe when we went to alpha (or beta, dunno) it made some waves as well.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Funny thing I observed on Twitch: since the steam release there has obviously been a lot more Daggerfall streams.

However, yesterday, there was 6 streams (which is an unusually high number) but all of them were DFU now.

Steam Daggerfall probably broke everyone and they either stopped or switched to DFU. So yeah, the numbers will not keep increasing at this pace but it absolutely hooked in a new batch of fans.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I wonder if I ever can return to the DFU Discord (looks like not) and if Im the only person in history who was banned from there. Its still effes my mind. I pray to god Yenster gets out of there, because this is ridiculous. For me its disgusting :evil:

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Well there are people that really enjoy your hard work, many thanks for all of it ! 8-)

Entian

Post by Entian »

Hey KoW, this mod is truly awesome, thank you for your hard work!

I'm using it together with Uncanny Interface and since that mod has low res textures for the inventory UI, the higher res items look mismatched and difficult to see on the pixelated backgrounds. So I hacked together "half-DREAM" version of it using screenshots of the DREAM UI for the item tile backgrounds for myself. I would be happy to contribute to make other people be able to use a high res uncanny inventory UI with DREAM, but I don't want to steal anyone's work or step on anyone's toes, so I'd like to know what would be the proper way of doing this?
Should such textures be incorporated in DREAM, in Uncanny Interface or in a third mod (like with those "DREAM patch" mods)?
If I had access to the corresponding proper source textures of DREAM for the interface, I would be happy to convert the rest of the inventory UI (tabs, gold and weight icon etc - I only added those square tiles behind the items) to high res. Is there a way to access these from the dfmod file or would you send those over if I were to do this?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, Ive already created it, but at some point it had some technical issues as I remember, and than it was a bit inconsistent with the rest of the DREAM interface.

Can you share the look of your current version? That will give me some idea on how involved I want to be with it :) If it looks proper, I can support that more.

Mine looked like this, just more refined, these were work in progress
Spoiler!
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 21-34-36.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 21-34-36.jpg (281.34 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 13-47-01.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2021-11-07 13-47-01.jpg (721.3 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Some conversations and images are on the UI interface thread here
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... f&start=20

Entian

Post by Entian »

Ah, mine is much less complete, I only replaced the tiles in the inventory screen (using the DREAM ones from the shop screen, so their brightness doesn't even match the low res ones) and haven't yet touched anything else. The point of my question was if I should be doing the rest, but I see you have already made much more, I just haven't found this thread. If you need some specific help for finishing it up for release, because you don't have time or want to work on something else, let me know though, I'd be glad to help (my skills are much more in coding than in art, mind you)

Oblivionaddicted

Post by Oblivionaddicted »

I love this mod, keep up the good work.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have been looking at how to solve the problem with pixelated vanilla menus while using DREAM. Not to mention the problem with weird combinations of drawn buttons and buttons with font writing.
I think I have found a solution that makes it up to the mod creators to do this right, which will then just work with DREAM.

I have made a set of blank menus which modders can use when overriding menus, or making new menus. As long as they use the same file names as I supply here, DREAM will then display the dream versions of them.

So, for example, in Climates&Calories with the SDF font turned off for Daggerfall, the tavern menu looks like this:
tavernpixelfont.png
tavernpixelfont.png (371.5 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Which does not look *quite* as good as the original drawn menu, but it will be consistent for all buttons and automatically upgrade to DREAM background if DREAM loads after C&C.

I will be using these myself in my mods as it is easier in every way It even allows for several mods that use the same menu to be compatible if they just work together a bit. And for your part you can make it up to the modders to just switch to using these menu backgrounds when building menus in their mods for no-effort DREAM compat.
BLANKMENU.zip
(46.9 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Last edited by Ralzar on Tue May 24, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.