KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Ralzar »

Oh yeah, and here are the sprites I supply for Climates & Calories.
As you can see, most of them are just quick little edits of existing sprites. So it might be easier for you to just make your own versions as it's mostly just adding some green spots etc to existing food items :D
ClimCalItems.zip
(54.43 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:30 pm I have been looking at how to solve the problem with pixelated vanilla menus while using DREAM. Not to mention the problem with weird combinations of drawn buttons and buttons with font writing.
I think I have found a solution that makes it up to the mod creators to do this right, which will then just work with DREAM.

I have made a set of blank menus which modders can use when overriding menus, or making new menus. As long as they use the same file names as I supply here, DREAM will then display the dream versions of them.

So, for example, in Climates&Calories with the SDF font turned off for Daggerfall, the tavern menu looks like this:

tavernpixelfont.png

Which does not look *quite* as good as the original drawn menu, but it will be consistent for all buttons and automatically upgrade to DREAM background if DREAM loads after C&C.

I will be using these myself in my mods as it is easier in every way It even allows for several mods that use the same menu to be compatible if they just work together a bit. And for your part you can make it up to the modders to just switch to using these menu backgrounds when building menus in their mods for no-effort DREAM compat.

BLANKMENU.zip
Hi :)

I like the idea. But I dont know what I am supposed to do with the blanks? I can make em HD, thats the only thing Im good at :D Also thanks for C&C items, will take a look and see if I can use my current items as base for that or redo it completely.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

King of Worms wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:39 am
Ralzar wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:30 pm I have been looking at how to solve the problem with pixelated vanilla menus while using DREAM. Not to mention the problem with weird combinations of drawn buttons and buttons with font writing.
I think I have found a solution that makes it up to the mod creators to do this right, which will then just work with DREAM.

I have made a set of blank menus which modders can use when overriding menus, or making new menus. As long as they use the same file names as I supply here, DREAM will then display the dream versions of them.

So, for example, in Climates&Calories with the SDF font turned off for Daggerfall, the tavern menu looks like this:

tavernpixelfont.png

Which does not look *quite* as good as the original drawn menu, but it will be consistent for all buttons and automatically upgrade to DREAM background if DREAM loads after C&C.

I will be using these myself in my mods as it is easier in every way It even allows for several mods that use the same menu to be compatible if they just work together a bit. And for your part you can make it up to the modders to just switch to using these menu backgrounds when building menus in their mods for no-effort DREAM compat.

BLANKMENU.zip
Hi :)

I like the idea. But I dont know what I am supposed to do with the blanks? I can make em HD, thats the only thing Im good at :D Also thanks for C&C items, will take a look and see if I can use my current items as base for that or redo it completely.
The idea is that mods can use the blanks when making menus. Then if you have the blanks with the same filenames in DREAM; then DREAM will replace the mods vanilla-style blanks with the DREAM blanks. So far only C&C and Skulduggery uses these blanks but it could be handy to have as a bunch of mods could use this and you would only need that one set of blanks to work out of the box with all of them.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Got it, thank you I will try to add em to the DREAM-HUD

Xipe-Totek

Post by Xipe-Totek »

greetings, King of Worms! you alredy know that you have done magnificent work. you maybe not a very plesant person, but what can we expect from an evil necromancer lich? you don't deserve to be expelled from DFU community. yeah, there is the forum. and who will use forums in 2022? but you know what, they just don't like you, but they can't deny that your mod is the best of everything on Nexus. the number of endorsements and DLs speaks for itself. they can drive away the most cool undead from their tomb. but they cannot forbid us to DREAM.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

hmmm :/

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

... you maybe not a very plesant person, but ..
This part is still ringing in my mind. You know nothing about me, why you say this?Its kind of really strange to hear from someone I never spoke to? Where does this even come from? All my communication last half a year is helping ppl on Nexus. Previously it was cooperation with modders either here on Discord. So??

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just released a small mod that will probably be handy for DREAM:

Red Brick Replacer

The mod lets you select how Teleporting walls and non-Teleporting walls appear.
So, for example, you can set teleporters to show the star-wall texture and plain walls to show a grey wall texture.
This will probably work well to fix the problem in DREAM where regular brick walls show up as magical portals.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

100k downloads reached today... ;)
100k.jpg
100k.jpg (150.87 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 am 100k downloads reached today... ;)
Congratulations!! greatest DFU mod ever
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.