KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

TheLacus wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:09 pm
King of Worms wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 pm And Ive found one great thing by accident. Weapons - unlike rest of the sprites - can utilize transparency. And thats good for the energy halo around the magic weapons.
Weapons are not sprites, they are drawn directly to UI.

Actually, (some) billboards can also use a custom rendermode via xml files. This was requested here on the forums some months ago, for ghosts if i remember correctly.

Oh I see, so thats why :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This is with 25% transparency.. and 20% more size of the halo...
Hard to decide... Id say maybe 33% transparency will be better. Or not :lol:
This created white outline around the weapon tho. I dont like that...
25.jpg
25.jpg (876.79 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

love the transparency but the thinner halo was better IMO.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I concur with Hazelnut, the extra transparency looks amazing, but I want it to be like... almost imperceptible, like it's just faintly glowing with it? Maybe that's too extreme the other way....

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:41 pm love the transparency but the thinner halo was better IMO.
Agreed.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:42 pm I concur with Hazelnut, the extra transparency looks amazing, but I want it to be like... almost imperceptible, like it's just faintly glowing with it? Maybe that's too extreme the other way....
you mean, even more transparent, so the halo is almost invisible? And that the 1st example was too extreme - in a sense the halo is too visible?
Just want to be sure I understand it right.

Thanks for feedback everyone, I will use the size of the halo from the 1st screen... just need to decide on the transparency

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Maybe give the transparency a non-linear falloff so the brightest part is thinner and the transparency gradient fades more quickly.

I'm not sure what shader is used for the weapon renderer, but if it has an alpha slider then the thickness of the aura could be customized that way. Or better yet, it could be animated with a script to pulse over time instead of being static.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MasonFace wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm Maybe give the transparency a non-linear falloff so the brightest part is thinner and the transparency gradient fades more quickly.

I'm not sure what shader is used for the weapon renderer, but if it has an alpha slider then the thickness of the aura could be customized that way. Or better yet, it could be animated with a script to pulse over time instead of being static.
Its just a static image and I add the halo in the photoshop, than I import it in the DFU
Sure thing is, Im already lost :D

PS: If the gradient fades more quickly, the size of the halo will be reduced

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Actually, (some) billboards can also use a custom rendermode via xml files. This was requested here on the forums some months ago, for ghosts if i remember correctly.
This has already been implemented? This is the last I recall about that. I never noticed that this has been implemented!

I just checked your modding/textures/mobile section and see it in there now. I'm anxious to give this a try! Sorry I overlooked it for so long.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

So, TheLacus was really nice and made the code I needed to get the output needed. Sadly Unity continues to hate me, and I cannot get even default Tools for Daggerfall to load (something about SimpleJson.cs not being found despite my importing it manually. I'd fix it, but there's literally 0 reference to such an event on the internet.)

https://gist.github.com/TheLacus/b46d04 ... 054b1dc832

He gave it with these instructions: "Place it inside any folder named Editor (ie Asset/Editor) and run Daggerfall Tools > Export Textures"

If someone knows why my DFTools isn't working, I'd like to solve the problem myself, but if not, please just export the files for me... Man I love what Unity can do, but I sure hate working with it...

EDIT: I got it working!