KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:16 pm We also created the dynamic backgrounds for all the knightly orders, one example being this (the flag colors and the banner changes according to the knightly order u in)
There are 600 dynamic backgrounds currently :ugeek:
Wow they look really nice KoW! Are they packaged separately by any chance? I like vanilla gfx in my game, but these I wouldn't mind having since the paperdoll is it's own separate thing.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi :) Thank you!

Well this whole part of a DREAM is in its separate DFMOD package, which has mod settings and also a script which runs it all, plus ofc all the 600 images of the backgrounds. I can send you these Order backgrounds, even the script and I guess you can make it work the way you desire. Question is, why for example use only the Orders and not the Temples as well. Or other 600 BGs LOL

When its all released and done, I also plan to use the PixaTool, to make those BGs low-res & blocky, like the originals - plus restrict their palette a bit. To provide this Dynamic BGs system for ppl who play the vanilla and just want to have this new depth these systems provide...

Anyway, let me know and I will send u what u want :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Cool, all I want is the dfmod file with all the backgrounds. I don't want to make my own stuff with them at all and I wasn't meaning just the ones you showed. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. :)

Looks like I need to download the whole 3.7Gb an grab it from there. Which dfmod file is it? Sorry if it's obvious, maybe paperdoll? But that I would assume is more than just the backgrounds? Doesn't have any settings either so guessing it's the wrong one especially as backgrounds didn't appear when I tried it? Maybe they're for your upcoming release, in which case no worries as I don't need it until 1.0 and I actually start playing DFU for real to finish my savefile from 1996! lol

Nice idea to make a vanilla style version of them. I'll still likely use the hi res ones myself I think.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 pm Cool, all I want is the dfmod file with all the backgrounds. I don't want to make my own stuff with them at all and I wasn't meaning just the ones you showed. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. :)

Looks like I need to download the whole 3.7Gb an grab it from there. Which dfmod file is it? Sorry if it's obvious, maybe paperdoll? But that I would assume is more than just the backgrounds? Doesn't have any settings either so guessing it's the wrong one especially as backgrounds didn't appear when I tried it? Maybe they're for your upcoming release, in which case no worries as I don't need it until 1.0 and I actually start playing DFU for real to finish my savefile from 1996! lol

Nice idea to make a vanilla style version of them. I'll still likely use the hi res ones myself I think.
Hahah oh now I see. Well its for the upcoming release, its not out yet, only on my HDD. It will be a new part of DREAM, package called Dream - Backgrounds. And I plan to release it all when DFU 1.0 drops. If you have really slow internet, I can send you just the Backgrounds package np, just let me know :) Otherwise, u need to download whole dream. But that might worth it, just to see it. It will also include your new armors in HD...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice, very nice. I await the 2023 Dream release then!

Especially HD armors for R&R:Items, I had no idea they were in the works. Did you get help with them or do the art yourself?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Morrowindthief wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:56 pm For some reason NPC's corpses are like that. And it seems like problem with this mod - I've tried to turn off everything except for DREAM and they are the same
Hi, man this is a funny screenshot. But I dont think its caused by my mod, because I for sure cant reproduce it and if this was the case for last 2 years, since I released the Dream version, you would not be the 1st to report this...

I THINK you might have installed some mod which is not a DFMOD but a loose files and that includes some XML files or replacements. Check your "....\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" folder if it contains some files with dead bodies or XML files.
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:42 pm Nice, very nice. I await the 2023 Dream release then!

Especially HD armors for R&R:Items, I had no idea they were in the works. Did you get help with them or do the art yourself?
This part was done by Zoran, he helped me a lot with various things, he is only on Nexus, not here nor discord, he prefers to work from shadows :) Its basically AI upscale with some tweaks of colors/brightness for em to fit the rest of Dream armors.

I added tons of items from various mods, so most of the mods should receive HD items when combined with dream.

= PAINTS & DYES =
= SKULLDUGGERY =
= HUD TORCH INDICATOR =
= DARKER DUNGEONS =
= REALISTIC WAGON =
= CLIMATES & CALORIES =
= TRAVEL OPTIONS =
= ROLEPLAY & REALISM =
= VAMPIRIC OPTIONS =
= FAMOUS FACES + LIVELY CITIES Mods =

and the separate
= DAGGERFALL DET TEXTURES =
= DAGGERFALL ENEMY EXPANSION (DEX) =

(pardon caps, its copy/paste from release notes)
520_16-0.png
520_16-0.png (198.08 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
523_2-0.png
523_2-0.png (113.04 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
525_14-0_Dwarven.png
525_14-0_Dwarven.png (81.53 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Remade the Skeleton head
270_0-0.jpg
270_0-0.jpg (191.83 KiB) Viewed 3979 times
270_5-4.jpg
270_5-4.jpg (168.57 KiB) Viewed 3972 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Added names to the main map as well.
Wayrest, Sentinel, Daggerfall have main cities icons.
Than there are 8 main castles/dungeons/locations. I made em not stand out too much. Also no name tags.

Also added missing Balfiera isles outline. That is missing in the original as well.

What was hard was syncing these region names with the names which appear when you press "Im at" - but it works now .)

If there is some place which should be on map and isnt - let me know pls.
TRAV0I00.IMG.jpg
TRAV0I00.IMG.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3643 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

DaggerfallUnity 2023-11-26 16-58-16.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2023-11-26 16-58-16.jpg (342.98 KiB) Viewed 3555 times