KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

ZORANs work on divine statues is too good...
I still work on the other stuff, more notably the textures and materials which I added for users which dont use Handpainted 3d models mod. Also all the sprite lights etc. I start to like playing with all the vanilla assets now, instead of models...
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (606.25 KiB) Viewed 4052 times

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Those are some really good interpretations of the divines.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MrFlibble wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:00 pm Those are some really good interpretations of the divines.
Yes, kind of the best... Zoran likes the 9 divines lore and it transcribed into the statues 100%.. :geek: Glad to have someone like that onboard the DREAM mod. He really helped me and gave me more motivation to go on.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Do you plan to ultimately replace all flats with custom art like this? I remember a while ago you showed a character or two that were drawn completely from scratch and were not an imitation or a direct rework of Bethesda's art. It would be a very interesting overhaul of the visuals.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MrFlibble wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:50 am Do you plan to ultimately replace all flats with custom art like this? I remember a while ago you showed a character or two that were drawn completely from scratch and were not an imitation or a direct rework of Bethesda's art. It would be a very interesting overhaul of the visuals.
Hi MrFlibble :) No! :D I like the original art. I just replace things which stink, and the statues stink a lot! They are just a colorized versions of NPCs u meet ingame. So replacing em with lore based statues actually enhances the games depth, names on the statues give some more info to the world etc. I dont want to change things just for the sake of changes. Those old total NPC changes were just a test and something I decided to not do as my approach to the project matured.

I will leave these kinds of overhauls to others. Replacing NPCs with manga shit etc, theres no shortage of that. :?
(Not that u suggest such changes ofc)
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-31 19-03-29.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-31 19-03-29.jpg (465.12 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

That in-game shot looks very good!

Personally I wouldn't mind complete replacements of the old art, considering that your mod already does this in places -- of course, you have your own standards where departures from the source material are going too far. But I do believe that if new art keeps the spirit of the originals while deepening or reimagining the look of the characters, there's nothing wrong with that.

I have to say that even though several artists have already shown different takes on the NPC flats here in the forums, or published mods with such changes, I don't believe anything of those would be quite like the statues from Zoran.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you :) And I agree that if someone creates a alternative vision of the NPCs and art, based on the vanilla, that it would be ofc nice, if done properly. I will just stay on my style as thats something Im relatively good at. Agreed that the statues are something else :) he really outdid himself on that. And you can see these statues in the dynamic backgrounds as well, when inside the temples, so it looks like this as a example:
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-30 20-47-56.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-30 20-47-56.jpg (809.09 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
We also created the dynamic backgrounds for all the knightly orders, one example being this (the flag colors and the banner changes according to the knightly order u in)
There are 600 dynamic backgrounds currently :ugeek:
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-30 20-57-20.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2023-08-30 20-57-20.jpg (766.11 KiB) Viewed 3813 times

duendeinexistente

Post by duendeinexistente »

King of Worms wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:54 pm You are welcomed, glad you reminded me of that :idea:

Remade the Totem Holder. One of the last things missing...
I like the fake blue volumetric fog effect ;)

I still dont understand why the Totem looks like small Tiber septim rolled up in a joint, but thats not up to me I guess.
I have some urges to change it to some orb, but Im not sure how the lore guardians would survive that...
01.jpg
02.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2023-05-13 17-50-01.jpg
I feel like the pedestal would look a lot better with more of a base. Rn it kind of springs from the ground and looks like it'd topple over. Something like this.Image

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, I do not make any models :) I just remade the materials/textures so it made the ugly model look better, more fitting to the scene and a bit interesting.

Morrowindthief

Post by Morrowindthief »

For some reason NPC's corpses are like that. And it seems like problem with this mod - I've tried to turn off everything except for DREAM and they are the same
Attachments
sfsdfsdf.jpg
sfsdfsdf.jpg (787.7 KiB) Viewed 3351 times