Enhanced Sky

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you :)

Dragoncat99

Post by Dragoncat99 »

Seferoth wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:09 am I actually prefer the vanilla sky for better atmosphere, but it makes me motion sick so i am almost forced to use this mod.
You could try the Skyboxer mod. Doesn't change the textures at all, just turns the backgrounds into a proper, not-nauseating skybox.
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/277

freemanfreemind

Post by freemanfreemind »

Hi, I used Daggerfall Unity in the past with Enhanced Sky without issue (2 years ago). Lately I came back to it with the latest version of the game and started fresh with all of my mods, I don't have anything too fancy; just DREAM and a few QOL mods & a couple of quest packs. Enhanced sky seemingly refuses to work for me, even if I strip back to base DFU. I still get the default sky loading, it's as though the mod is loading, as the lighting around the buildings, the environmental effects, etc all seem to be there, but no matter what the default sky ALWAYS loads.

I have tried installing it as a drag and drop in Vortex (how I did it before without issues), I have tried installing it manually, I have tried digging through every mod file I had activated looking for a cause; but I am just at a loss.

I have been using skyboxer instead to play; but I would really rather use Enhanced Sky if someone could point me in the right direction. As of 20 April 2022, I am using the most up to date versions of DFU and Enhanced Sky.

Any help would be appreciated.

freemanfreemind

Post by freemanfreemind »

I figured out my issue: windows; and an old folder. So apparently it was seeing the old version of the file from 2 years ago and merging the folders rather than overwriting the version 2.2.xx that I had back then.

Sigh... noob move, should have made sure my install was a true clean install, I didn't check all of the folders.

pango

Post by pango »

The most common install issue I've seen with that mod is that players don't know they must only install the .dfmod that matches their operating system.
I know it's not fool proof, but a README with basic install instructions would help some users.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart