AI Upscaled Textures

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Merlkir

Re: AI Upscaled Textures

Post by Merlkir »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Merlkir wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:40 pm Sorry to possibly hijack the wrong topic -

is there a place where I could download MOB sprites? (originals or upscaled, either would work)
U can export them using daggerfall imaging, that prog can be downloaded at the main page (not on forums)

But the exported files dont have a proper naming, not sure if thats a problem for you? What are u up to with it?
Ah, I was going to try and paint a random mob from scratch. (it's a strange contrast to see handpainted NPC sprites and very primitive looking 3D mobs. So I thought I'd try how difficult/labour intensive repainting them would be)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Merlkir wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:51 pm
King of Worms wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Merlkir wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:40 pm Sorry to possibly hijack the wrong topic -

is there a place where I could download MOB sprites? (originals or upscaled, either would work)
U can export them using daggerfall imaging, that prog can be downloaded at the main page (not on forums)

But the exported files dont have a proper naming, not sure if thats a problem for you? What are u up to with it?
Ah, I was going to try and paint a random mob from scratch. (it's a strange contrast to see handpainted NPC sprites and very primitive looking 3D mobs. So I thought I'd try how difficult/labour intensive repainting them would be)
Each mob has like 50 to 90 frames on avarage. Id say its very difficult but on the other hand I can imagine one very high quality mob be created in lets say 1 to 2 weeks. Maybe much faster.

I think for this project the daggerfall imaging will be enough. Export the files and see for yourself.

Id say start with something simple with not too many frames.

Merlkir

Post by Merlkir »

Hah, that's a few more frames than I expected. I'll take a look at the tool, thanks!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Here it is https://www.dfworkshop.net/downloads/da ... l-imaging/
ok.jpg
ok.jpg (187.66 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

Merlkir

Post by Merlkir »

Could this be the next step in AI enhancements of Daggerfall? ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2i6FXVjNT0[/youtube]

(I'm thinking - not, because there are probably too few frames to interpolate. But still, could be cool to try.)
(and this model is not even trained on pixel art!)

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Topic was discussed here, although it may be a different algorithm/model.

I believe the consensus was that DFU can't currently add extra animation frames, as stated by Pango:
More fluid animations is not out of question, but yeah you can't just drop them into current Daggerfall Unity and expect them to work. The number of frames, and their rate of display is hardcoded, and would have to be adjusted.
But again, that doesn't mean it couldn't be done at some point. I think it would look great once DFU core supports it, however, I'm not aware of it being on the roadmap at this point, though.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

MasonFace wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:55 pm Topic was discussed here, although it may be a different algorithm/model.

I believe the consensus was that DFU can't currently add extra animation frames, as stated by Pango:
More fluid animations is not out of question, but yeah you can't just drop them into current Daggerfall Unity and expect them to work. The number of frames, and their rate of display is hardcoded, and would have to be adjusted.
But again, that doesn't mean it couldn't be done at some point. I think it would look great once DFU core supports it, however, I'm not aware of it being on the roadmap at this point, though.
This specific feature might even be added to core in the future, but there is nothing stopping someone to do it now as a mod; in fact, this would be the most appropriate course of action instead of keep adding more and more harcoded features to core. There are a lot of different ideas for improving the game and is not feasible nor ideal for the core game to support all of them individually.

It has always been possible to make a mod like this for static npcs. Now it's also possible to do the same for wandering npcs and i plan to give enemies the same treatment. If something else need to be opened in core is possible to request it or make a PR, this is how many mods were created. :)

Merlkir

Post by Merlkir »

Oh, ok, I figured this kind of stuff wouldn't be hard limited in engine. (seems no reason to do that other than accuracy?)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I'm curious if the intro video could be upgraded using DAIN
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

phredreeke

Post by phredreeke »

This is using a new model that's been shared with me, interesting results

https://imgsli.com/MTA1NDE