Hand-maded main quest cities

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
CrazyCyrodilicCat

Hand-maded main quest cities

Post by CrazyCyrodilicCat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:56 am

Hello. I'd like to see handmade major cities like Daggerfall or Sentinel in the game. To be honest, I would have done it myself, but first of all, that map of Daggerfall that I have implies a river that, as you know, is not in the original game city. The fact is that this river should flow from somewhere and flow into somewhere. That is, the idea is so complex that in order to make one single city on the river, you need to think through, draw and somehow introduce into the game a map of rivers and heights, and in general the entire landscape.

http://theshatteredempireseries.wikia.c ... all_(city)

Narf the Mouse

Re: Hand-maded main quest cities

Post by Narf the Mouse » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I think some sort of terrain-following spline generator mod would make river and road mods a lot more viable.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

jedidia

Post by jedidia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm

I think some sort of terrain-following spline generator mod would make river and road mods a lot more viable.
The trouble with those is, you never know where they go... It's fine for a completely procedural world, but if you have some requirements for where your river is supposed to flow through, anything other than micro-generation is generally a bad idea.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 pm

jedidia wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm
The trouble with those is, you never know where they go... It's fine for a completely procedural world, but if you have some requirements for where your river is supposed to flow through, anything other than micro-generation is generally a bad idea.
In that case, you'd replace the generated spline input with manual input.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.