Mod load order and settings not being saved

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
clocknova

Mod load order and settings not being saved

Post by clocknova » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Just installed the latest build on MacOS, but the game will not save any of my mod data. Reordering the mods, activating and deactivating them, then quitting the game and restarting results in all of my mods reverting to alphabetical order and all activated.

Any ideas?

TheLacus

Re: Mod load order and settings not being saved

Post by TheLacus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Load order is saved to StreamingAssets\Mods\Mod_Settings.json. Check if this file is generated; if not, please provide the log file found at /Users/Username/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log :)
If you are interested in creating mods for Daggerfall Unity you can find the documentation here.

clocknova

Re: Mod load order and settings not being saved

Post by clocknova » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Okay, I found this in the log file:

Failed to write mod settings: Access to the path "/private/var/folders/5c/s4hd_4sx7qn5lj86w2h1bzpr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/2290D9C4-8387-4323-943F-58ADD6CBC562/d/DaggerfallUnity.app/Contents/Resources/Data/StreamingAssets/Mods/Mod_Settings.json" is denied.

Not sure what is going on here. Why would it be trying to write the setting file there instead of into the mod folder? It should read:
"/Applications/Games/Daggerfall Unity/DaggerfallUnity.app/Contents/Resources/Data/StreamingAssets/Mods/Mod_Settings.json"